Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Universal Seat fitment

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey guys,

I'm looking at potentially getting a pair of those universal fitment racing style seats as my driver's seat has completely crapped out and needs some repairs to the supports etc.

I was considering upgrading the whole interior to VY/VZ seats at some stage, but was at a mates place last night who had one of those universal seats bolted onto an office chair base and it was comfy as hell to sit in.

I'm just wondering other than making it fit the rails etc, will it cause any issues with the Airbag connectors that I think goto the seats?
I'm not sure how the SRS is hooked up to the seats etc that's all.
Don't want to spend the money only to find that the airbags are going to cause an issue.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
I had a look through my gregorys manual but it doesn't go into much detail about it, anyone ?

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
if you are replacing the seats obviously the bags will go and you will have to disable the bags with tech2

i would imagine you can get someone to cut the rails off your old seat and bolt them to the new ones and then mount them?

or they can fabricate new seat rails?

there's two legal issues

it's illegal to remove airbags and in theory you have to get the car re-engineered

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Ah righto.
Yeah the rails I don't care about, that'd be easy enough. It's dealing with the airbag bs that I was very unsure of.
Never had to fart around with airbags and seats etc.