Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

University Assignment: Create a Paint Brush Cleaning Device.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Hey all, thought I might make this topic to see if any of you guys have any bright ideas. I have a 10 page Uni assignment due in a few days time and I need to design a item from a list of choices. I have chosen to design a Paint Brush Cleaning Device.

If any of you have ideas, no matter how weird or stupid they may sound, please post them here. The machine can be automated or manual operated, with water connections, etc. If you have an idea post away!!!

Hope to hear from you clever JC members soon!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Fuel injector, fuel hose, thinners, and a roller

put brush in upright, 2 injectors spray thinner from the sides onto the bristles and a roller underneath that spins forwards & back aggrivating the brisstles, then injectors turn off after a minute and spray water to clean it off.

Cheers
MaT

Just added my idea in photoshop form

Cheers
MaT

Attachments

• quick_idea.jpg
    quick_idea.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,272

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Fuel injector, fuel hose, thinners, and a roller

put brush in upright, 2 injectors spray thinner from the sides onto the bristles and a roller underneath that spins forwards & back aggrivating the brisstles, then injectors turn off after a minute and spray water to clean it off.

Cheers
MaT

Just added my idea in photoshop form

Cheers
MaT

Pretty good, although for a device designed for industrial use, I'd include a return line and a fine particle filter for the thinners so that it can be pumped round and used for several cycles, and spraying water into the same vessel might not be ideal. Maybe a second chamber for a water rinse.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Pretty good, although for a device designed for industrial use, I'd include a return line and a fine particle filter for the thinners so that it can be pumped round and used for several cycles, and spraying water into the same vessel might not be ideal. Maybe a second chamber for a water rinse.

yeh, was just a quick idea, i got a better one using bunch of valves etc but its fukn complicated and it'd take me ages to type up lol

Cheers
MaT

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
yeh, was just a quick idea, i got a better one using bunch of valves etc but its fukn complicated and it'd take me ages to type up lol

Cheers
MaT

hehe nice, hey, why we doing mack's work for him anyway? :p

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Its a 'group' assignment, and you guys are my group :D
The more idead generated, the more likley im going to find the solution im looking for. Thanx you for your replys! I like hozy's idea, practical and looks half feasable.

Im sure there are more ppl who want in on adding their ideas! Post!

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
maybe insted of the injectors use the window washer jets and pump they have a more sharper jet which will help in cleaning it

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Or how bout you do it how I got taught at trade school? Get two buckets of water, jiggle it in the first one then the same again in the second.
Works a treat and costs nothing.............
AirStrike :air:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Or how bout you do it how I got taught at trade school? Get two buckets of water, jiggle it in the first one then the same again in the second.
Works a treat and costs nothing.............
AirStrike :air:

Yea, I would get top marks for feasability, but fail on originality. :D

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
what kind of paints are we talking here? water based?... oil based? does it have to clean both or just whatever u want?