Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unlock both doors with remote single press

berttybettle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore
Is it possible to change the remote unlock setup to unlock both drivers and passengers doors with one press of the key remote on my VU ute instead of only unlocking the drivers door and then the passengers door with a second press of the remote? Would like for both doors to unlock with one press of the remote if I could change settings somehow to that.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Yes, with a tech2 reprogram the option in the BCM.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Should be able to do that by going into the dashboard set up menu and scrolling through.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm pretty sure that if you hold the button it will unlock both doors. Mine does.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Yep my VXII unlocks all doors if the button is held a sec longer

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
VY you can customise the settings. Maybe VU is the same?

Before you turn the key over to start the ignition hold down the mode button, and then start the car. A menu will the come up after a few seconds in the dash, scroll through till you see the Two Stage Unlock and then set it to "NO".

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hold for extra second

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
That extra second adds up though, that's 12 minutes over a year unlocking the car twice a day :(

berttybettle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore
Keep learning things about this VU as I go. Holding the button on remote for a fraction longer opens both doors, know that now. Held mode button and then turned key and started engine then a menu came up with "no" blinking. Had "ODO" on screen with it. Could choose yes or no. Mode button again went to next menu with "Trip" on screen with "yes" blinking, could choose yes or no. Next one was "Dist" and again could choose yes or no. Last one was over speed warning that let you choose on or off. No ability to choose unlock sequence on my VU, yet. Holding the unlock button on transponder a fraction longer is good enough for me. Cheers guys

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
VY you can customise the settings. Maybe VU is the same?

Before you turn the key over to start the ignition hold down the mode button, and then start the car. A menu will the come up after a few seconds in the dash, scroll through till you see the Two Stage Unlock and then set it to "NO".

Was only featured from VY onwards. Not available on previous models, requires a tech 2 as jxw mentioned.