Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unlock My ECU! - Find Tuner Locked ECU Keys!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Unlock My ECU! (UME)
UME_Sub_Diagnostic_Package.png

Unlock My ECU! can be purchased directly from our website:
Click HERE to Purchase Unlock My ECU!

What does Unlock My ECU! (UME) do?
Plain and simple.. it finds the correct key required to read and write a tune to a locked ECU!

UME is the first Holden (and General Motors) dedicated ECU key finding software publically available on the web! UME is solely dedicated to finding the key (password) to a tuner locked ECU. Tuner Locking is a VERY common occurrence, almost every tuner locks their ecus so tuners now need a method of obtaining the key on locked ECUs to allow retuning.

Without the correct unlock key, a tuner locked ECU cannot be read or edited! So if you take your tuned car to another performance shop, they will not be able to make any changes until your previous tuner has removed the custom lock on the ECU
Sometimes your new car might have already had a tune, and so you dont know who the originally tuner was. Thus you need to get your ECU's unlock key so that it can be retuned!

Unlock My ECUs (UME) whole purpose is to find that unlock Key, and it will find the key no matter what!
Some tuning shops and services available charge over $150 for each unlock! And even require the ECU being shipped, which is a MAJOR waste of time when it can be done in shop.

There are mutliple tuning shops and DIY individuals using UME for unlocking ECUs, infact almost every "unlocking service" around is using UME to perform the key search!
UME bruteforces the tuner lock key by testing every possible combination until it finds the correct key!

UME's Features
Unlock My ECU (UME) is the worlds first Holden dedicated ECU key finding software. Its whole purpose is to find that custom key for tuner-locked ECU’s and TCM’s allowing dedicated Tuning shops to clear old tunes and perform a full retune. Unlock My ECU’s features include:

•Read out calibration Part Numbers, Vehicle Identification number and Serial numbers
•Change and write a NEW vin on supported ECU’s!
•Quickly Check Seed/Key combinations
•Bruteforce and find any Tuner Locked ECM/TCM key.
•Fail Safe system that logs progress incase of disconnect during unlock!
•The worlds ONLY public Holden ECU/TCM software!

Which ECU's are supported?
Currently ALL OBD2 Holden Commodore ECU's are supported including:
•All VT,VX,VY,VZ LS1's
•All VZ's
•All VE's

What Cable do I need for Unlock My ECU?
Unlock My ECU comes in a package with an ELM327 cable, checkout the product page here!.
All UME purchases come with an ELM327 cable, this is to ensure that you have a 100% working diagnostic cable to perform unlocks!

Any live demonstrations? Sure Are!

Unlock My ECU! (UME) - Unlock Tuner Locked ECU
[YOUTUBE]0xBAutHLILY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Im happy to say UME has been going strong with over 150+ users/business's using UME to find that secret key that tuners put on ECU's to prevent retuning!
It has so far been used to find the unlock code on over 500+ ECUs ranging between VT LS1's through to VE LS2 V8's and has retrieved the key every time.

UME will be having an update coming out in the next week to support E38 and T43 ECU VIN changing. And hopefully more ECU support to come soon!.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
One of the more common questions I get as of lately, is "what is a locked ECU?". After a bit of searching... Iv noticed there is actually a lack of information explaining what exactly happens to the ECU when it is "tuner locked", since theres next to no 'credible' or reliable info around!

So, to try help explain what exactly a locked ECU is, I remade the ECU key finding youtube video. And try to explain as best I can what an ECU lock is, and what that means for your next tuner.

Feel free to checkout the new vid on the original post!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
At long last, UME has had a massive price reduction!
Initial subscribers have been rewarded with free subscription licenses for their help continuing UME's development and funding the project to continue purchasing various ECU's.

Next on the agenda is to add write support to change the operating system ID so that custom OS ECU's may be read out by various tuning software without the infamous "Unknown ECU ID" warnings!

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Is their any chance of still getting this software, or can you recommend an alternative.

blaize1310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S Ute 3.6 Auto
I would like to 2nd this request.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

blaize1310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S Ute 3.6 Auto
Thanks guys for the replies, I guess I just wanted to know if there are any alternatives?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Not that Im aware of. I believe it was the first of its kind made publicly available.

Which is probably also why so many jumped on board and used it, problem was that no-one was using quality bench setups which caused issues.

The most common thing I heard from tuners was "My bench with battery setup works fine for tuning using my tuning software". The issue here, is tuning software only needs reliable connection for.. 2-10mins. Whereas UME could be running for multiple days.

If UME is to be provided again, it will be with an industrial grade tool which will monitor the battery voltage, and also along with wiring harnesses to suit common computers.