Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unlocking door with a broken mechanism + child lock

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Hi guys,

My VY has suffered its third door lock failure. It's the usual one where the lock works when you use a key but it doesn't work with the remote. Rear passenger side which seems to be the popular one because i've had it fail twice on me already.

Anyway, usually it's not a big problem but this time i have an added challenge - The key doesn't unlock the door and the child lock has been enabled so i can't lift it manually.

So i find myself with a door permanently locked, the keys don't raise it and i can't raise it by hand because of the child lock.

Any suggestions on how the heck i'm meant to fix this problem? Am i going to be forced to bust open the door trim to get the lock out?

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Yep.. Or you may find a talented individual that can release it - - If by chance if you pulled the trim off the other passenger to give you an idea what to trigger/hook on to you may be able to then work from there.. Otherwise rear seat could come out then its a matter of working (ruining) the screws through the trim. Apart from that I've got nothing sozz.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
We had a play with it yesterday, with a combination of pressing the unlock button on the remote and yanking the lock up we managed to get the door unlocked and open.
Replacing the lock will now be a piece of cake, thanks goodness, i didn't really want to find another door trim.