Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unlocking Tuner Locked ECU

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Has anyone successfully unlocked any tuner locked ECUs and discovered the key that the tuner has used?

I’m interested in compiling a list of tuner keys.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Has anyone successfully unlocked any tuner locked ECUs and discovered the key that the tuner has used?

I’m interested in compiling a list of tuner keys.
Mate there is at least one very good thread on this if you know how to use the search tool. From memory, and it's not so good these days, it can be difficult to unlock. In some cases, again from memory, they had to use the original tuner. The consensus of opinion was always get the tuner to leave it unlocked. Good luck.

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Apologies for being obtuse.

The original tuner is a knob. I just want to find out the key he uses so I can either fix his tune, or detonate the engine. More than likely the latter.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Do you know who the tuner that locked your ecu was go there and ask him nicely to unlock or give you the password. If he doesn't either rain blows on him on the spot or tell him your going to slag his business all over town, tell him your tune is crap and Im going to tell everyone what you do and why you lock ecu's so other tuners cant bag you work you are useless and have no idea what you're doing is what you're going to tell him.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just curious… if the locked custome tune is crap, can’t the ECU be backed up and then wiped with a standard unlocked factory os & tune reinstated? That way one can start the custom tune process again and fiddle with the calibration till one’s heart is content.

Oh, and if the knob hadn’t advices that his custom tune would be locked before you handed over your hard earned money, and his tune has issues, then name and shame him and his business ;) Just be cautious to only state verifiable factual truths because liable cases can be a soul sucking experience and end up on tabloids for the entertainment of others… just ask Jonny and Amber :p:p:p

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Just curious… if the locked custome tune is crap, can’t the ECU be backed up and then wiped with a standard unlocked factory LS & tune be reinstated? That way one can start the custom tune process again and fiddle with the calibration till one’s heart is content.

Oh, and if the knob didn’t advice that his custom tune would be locked before you handed over your hard earned money, and his tune has issues, then name and shame him and his business ;) Just be cautious to only state verifiable factual truths because liable cases can be a soul sucking experience and end up on tabloids for the entertainment of others… just ask Jonny and Amber :p:p:p
when it is locked it can even be read, holden cant even read it but they can flash a stack cal over it so start from scratch, thats why when u get a service at holden u should tell them u have a tune as when they do a firmware update they can untick engine cal so they dont just go over it without knowing

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
I know this is an old thread but for ppl who are searching on how to unlock, lsXtreme and Envous Customs can unlock your ECU and leave the current tune intack. It does come at a price tho.