Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

unroadworthy car fine

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Your from NSW, here in SA we have no RWC.

Did you even read what I wrote properly? I said you should of taken it to a mechanic prior to buying to find out what could be wrong with it. OR the seller could of gotten a RWC, since you have not stated in any of your previous posts what state you were in, it was easier to cover all area's.... One word for you NOOB!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It doesnt matter if you'd owned the car for 2 hours or 2 years. If it's unroadworthy, you're going to get a fine for it. You cant drive an unroadworthy car on the road, and then complain when you get defected. Didnt you check the car out before you bought it?

Just cough up the money and fix the car, then you'll have a car that's legal to drive around and wont get hassled.

T

tommySV6Ute

Just fix the car and don't drive like a retard. Not worth the drama.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I cant believe you guys get FINED for unroadworthy cars!
Considering that a car being roadworthy is purley up to the descrection of the officer, thats a serious problem.

For instance, in VIC, a cop can pretty much defect you for anything they like and just say thats its unroadworthy. If thats the case, there is nothing stopping them from jsut fining you regardless of if you car is roadworthy or not.

From a 3rd person peespective its very easy to say to someone 'you should have a roadworthy car' but when cops can decide based on their opinion alone what is raodworthy or not (until proven otherwise by an authorised roadworthy inspection office), its a harsh deal.

aZk.

T

tommySV6Ute

They don't use opinion (traffic coppers) there's rules. Illegal tint is illegal, a loose seat is obviously dangerous and oil leaking from your engine is in the same category.

sam515

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
They don't use opinion (traffic coppers) there's rules. Illegal tint is illegal, a loose seat is obviously dangerous and oil leaking from your engine is in the same category.

well yes, but when you grab the seat and shake it of course its going to move, and the engine wasnt leaking it was just dirty because it hadnt been driven in who knows how long. I had owned the car for less than 2 hours and was taking it home. I even explained to him that i was taking it home to fix it up.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
The tint unfortunatly is pretty much un arguable. Also a loose seat is dangerous. Obvoiusly no one on here knows how bad any of it is but your honestly better off just ripping off the tint, tightening the seat bolt. And degreasing the engine with a $2 can and a hose. and then post pics up of your vl. Life goes on but unfortunatly you just ran into bad coppers or your car is cop bait. Remember post up a my ride thread of the vlc ;)

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
You're just unfortunate mate, sorry to say. VL's are cop magnets in SA, cause 99% of the time cops know thay can defect you for something on one.

I wouldnt bother with the appeal honestly. I think your next step is deciding whether to bother making it roadworthy or just wreck it out