Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

untuned sound???????

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I have a vs series II v6 auto the other day on a long drive (a good few hours) I noticed when in drive and in 4th gear and about 1700rpm my car started making a rmmm rmmm rmmm rmmm noise instead of the rmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm consistant hum noise. reminded me of an untuned lawnmower. when this happens I can give the car some higher revs and it will go aways. it also does not do this all the time.....

Very Confused!!!!!!
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
could be the road. My car does it at this one particular road.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Clear the fault codes first and recheck if they occur in a week. Wouldnt hurt to give the throttle body a clean (do a search) and adjust the idle air control valve (should be detailed in the how-to guide when you find the throttle body clean)

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
awesome will give it a go!!!! can I just disconect negative terminal of the battery for about ten mins then do the iac re learn procedure, ( will putting the neg terminal back on battery short the computer or is that sweet.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
hold-on said:
for about ten mins
I think it's only about 1 minute.

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I think I have located the throttle body, bugger if I know how to get it off though. wiped the inside with a rag to find black wet carbon deposit!!!!!! how do i take it off and clean properly???? and aslo last oil I used a 10 30 semi synth this time a 10 30 fully sythetic, I think this may be to thin for my cars engine reccomended is 20 50. also would like ti adjust idle air control valve but not sure where it is located, is it a tiny screw on the throttle body?????
one last question, could I have done any damage using the thinner oil, or will it be okay if I just change filter and put in reccomened???

Cheers

sorry for the loads of questions

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
manage to find what throttle body was and iac cleaned both reset ecu code 12 again and agian and again and again etc so all is good!!! oh and I didn't loose my stereo only disconnect battery for about a min mayber the ecu resets allot faster than the stereo????

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
you wasnt driving on the white bumpy line was u?

my old gf took her car to the mechanic and got her wheel bearings done coz she was drivng on the white line and though somthin was wrong with the car lol