Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unusual dash problem

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have an unusual dash issue, I hope someone maybe able to help with, in a VY.

The display section of the dash, where the mileage is displayed, is all black...Down the bottom and right side of where the mileage is displayed, I have the whole gear selection panel on display, the overspeed, trac off, cruise active and LPG also showing, even with the ignition being off....The car isn't equipped with LPG or cruise....

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how have you fixed the issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
yeah what TheIceman said ^^^^ stop playing around with it and get a another, plenty of backyard wreckers advertise them cheep

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
yeah what TheIceman said ^^^^ stop playing around with it and get a another, plenty of backyard wreckers advertise them cheep

Got a number for a backyard wrecker that sells them cheep? Or are you just posting because you can?

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
The odometer reading is stored in the dash @vc commodore. The cluster is also "linked" to the BCM and ECM when fitted to the car at factory. If you get a used cluster it will need linking and programming.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The odometer reading is stored in the dash @vc commodore. The cluster is also "linked" to the BCM and ECM when fitted to the car at factory. If you get a used cluster it will need linking and programming.

Thanks for that......

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
only if you get one not for your exact model vehicle. mileage will be different but if the same part numbers and same tranny same airbags, body style etc.. will just plug right in.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
only if you get one not for your exact model vehicle. mileage will be different but if the same part numbers and same tranny same airbags, body style etc.. will just plug right in.

So what will I have to do....I have a V6 executive, that doesn't have LPG ,cruise nor a button for traction control....Do I get a dash from a similar spec car so it will be a plug and play or do I need to get the BCM and ECU linked?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm not good with this side of things in modern cars....I'm used to old school, where I remove 1 dash and put another dash in not have to worry about anything being linked to other things in the car

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
So what will I have to do....I have a V6 executive, that doesn't have LPG ,cruise nor a button for traction control....Do I get a dash from a similar spec car so it will be a plug and play
yep, that is all. make sure its got same amount of air bags and correct series, take your current dash out and its got codes on the back of it, get one with same code. ebay the code or tell to wreckers.