Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unusual dash problem

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
yep, that is all. make sure its got same amount of air bags and correct series, take your current dash out and its got codes on the back of it, get one with same code. ebay the code or tell to wreckers.

Thanks....

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@vc commodore Try these guys out vc, I personally have not dealt with them, (haven't needed to) but have heard they know their stuff. They are a forum sponsor also.

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/contact-us/

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/holden-vy-instrument-cluster-programming/

They are in west oz. Have a talk with them see what they can do for you, worth a try mate.

Cheers...Will give them a try..

I see they also do an odometer value change, but need proof....Bugger that I can't provide this with mine, considering this is the reason I need an instrument change

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Random thought, does OBD2 show kms along with the sensor data? You might be able to prove your kms after all.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Random thought, does OBD2 show kms along with the sensor data? You might be able to prove your kms after all.

Hopefully someone can answer this, as this is beyond my knowledge.... :)

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Cheers...Will give them a try..

I see they also do an odometer value change, but need proof....Bugger that I can't provide this with mine, considering this is the reason I need an instrument change
even if dash has fuked display, send them the dash they will be able to get the mileage out of it easy enough.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Any similar cluster will work without programming. It doesn’t need to be VIN matched etc.

Will display an incorrect mileage. May get an airbag MIL set.

There are services that correct that. However you need to provide evidence of the mileage on your existing one. A copy of a recent service document might do in your circumstance?

Envyous customs did mine.

When looking for another cluster, VZ is a blue plug and VY is grey on the back.

eBay has a few. I went with a Calais cluster. Much nicer. You can get stato ones to work as well.

*Edit Agreed, the current cluster can have the mileage read via the programming software.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
OK...I just got an email from envyous customs and they have said they need my original cluster, to be able to get the mileage...So that portion of the issue is solved...Thanks there.

I will get an airbag light, as I already have it...The cause is resistance behind the steering wheel.....So whilst I am getting the cluster done, I might as well remove the steering wheel and give it a good clean, as that is what is the suspected problem....Previous owner used the car to cart dogs, so there was dog hair through out the car...

The surround that is around the cluster,...Is it just the 2 screws at the top that have to come out, for it to be removed? Or are there others underneath the surround that need to be removed? Had a look on youtube but couldn't find anything on removal of it.....

There are a few wreckers close by me that sell clusters...I will have a look at them and make my choice from there.....It is appreciated on what spec ones are the better ones to get..... :) The reason I posted up about about a phone number for a back yard wrecker from a certain member is I suspected they were trying to be a smart alex...My hunch proved correct with the response I received....

Anyways thanks for those that helped with the replies....Hopefully my final query about the surround removal can be answered..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So don’t, and just DM it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So don’t, and just DM it.

All good...I know a person 250 k away that has some he is wrecking...The distance isn't an issue as I have rellies up that way, that I'll be visiting soon....So it won't be a special trip for a dash and I'm not in a real rush anyways...:)

I'm grateful for the help I have gotten from forum members