Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unusual dash problem

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I like the Calais cluster a lot more than the SS or Exec and Berlina clusters. Much cleaner looking. Simpler.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Here is the removal procedure for the cluster. @vc commodore. Good luck with it all mate hope you get the outcome you want.

Attachments

• VYIPCSURROUND.png
    VYIPCSURROUND.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 115
  • VYIPC.png
    VYIPC.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 111

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Here is the removal procedure for the cluster. @vc commodore. Good luck with it all mate hope you get the outcome you want.

Champion....Looks like I can solve 2 problems in 1 hit....The dash cluster and the air bag fault I have behind the steering wheel :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just a quick update with this issue...I rang gaugeworks in Adelaide to get a price to have another dash programmed to my car and they wanted $240, where as envyous customs want $110 to do the same thing....Nearly fell off my chair with the price difference

Is there anywhere else anyone can suggest to try for pricing? Yeah, I'm being a tight ass, but a dollar in my pocket is better than in someone elses.... :)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just a quick update with this issue...I rang gaugeworks in Adelaide to get a price to have another dash programmed to my car and they wanted $240, where as enyvouscustoms want $110 to do the same thing....Nearly fell off my chair with the price difference

Is there anywhere else anyone can suggest to try for pricing? Yeah, I'm being a tight ass, but a dollar in my pocket is better than in someone elses.... :)
If you have a aldl cable & laptop, you can download enyvouscustoms body diagnostics. $50.00 for 30 days use. Very easy to use.Here is a link to the software. You can also buy a aldl cable .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Can’t say enough good things about the services and products from Envyous customs.

Reactions: Lex

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Just a quick update with this issue...I rang gaugeworks in Adelaide to get a price to have another dash programmed to my car and they wanted $240, where as envyous customs want $110 to do the same thing....Nearly fell off my chair with the price difference
they may take it out, send to envyous and get it back and put it in and claim they did it all?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
they may take it out, send to envyous and get it back and put it in and claim they did it all?

Not sure.....I mentioned the issue with the dash and he gave me that price...He also said, if it had just blanked out, rather than blacked out, he could have fixed my current dash....I didn't even mention that I'd be taking it out....In saying that, if they want to charge an extra $130 to remove and refit, hummmm....Makes sense...An hours labour charged for removal and refit....Didn't think of that being a reason to charge soo much extra...Might have to investigate further....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thought I'd update this.

I got another dash for the car.....I reckon I got ripped off big time with it....It was advertised on scumtree for give away..... :D Owner got hold of an SS dash, so this became clutter for him and a bonus for me....Only down fall, was I had to do a 2 hour round trip to get it..... But hey for the price I paid, I'm definately not complaining

Now to get time to remove my dash and have the mileage altered in the new dash to suit my stuffed one