Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updates on the green machine - for anyone interested.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hello hello,

It's no secret that the ute has been at the dealers seemingly as much as it's been with me over the last 6 months. There's been a number of issues, mostly centred around the driveline, and without going into mundane details of all the issues, suffice to say that the gearbox, clutch, diff, dash, aircon, paint on the front bar, suspension and bluetooth have all been mentioned in at least one conversation up there. The gearbox, clutch and aircon compressor have all been replaced, MANY hours of work have gone into solving the creaking dash, bluetooth has been flashed, strut top bushes and upper control arm bushes have been replaced, front bar has been partially resprayed - and after all that - the aircon works fine and the suspension doesn't knock. :hmmm:

Today was the day that the service manager was assessing the car to approve any more work done under warranty. Luckily (poor choice of words there), the car displayed all the issues it shouldn't for the assessor and work has been approved. As for what is actually the problem - still no idea. It's booked in for a week of exploration, in two weeks time, to (hopefully) suss everything out. Also, as an aside, according to the techs, the faults are not only still present, but have become worse over the past couple of weeks - not sure if that's a good thing.

So in a nutshell, I have no idea what is wrong with my car. And for someone who regards patience as a card game rather than a personal trait, it's a little frustrating. Oh well.. fingers crossed (again).

I do have to say, the guys at the dealer do seem to be doing the best they can and are almost as frustrated with it as I am.

To be continued - with any luck.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Sad to hear hey. Can be a real pain when it begins to look like you scored a lemon.(I think at some point you have good cause to ask for a new replacement after 6 months of no progress.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sad to hear hey. Can be a real pain when it begins to look like you scored a lemon.(I think at some point you have good cause to ask for a new replacement after 6 months of no progress.

I honestly think that would be a cheaper option for them.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Makes me wonder why the hell I bought a new ssv ute. Good luck with warranty claims. Maybe a 37 kilo dianabol munching staffy added to the weight in tray and has affected the driveline!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Makes me wonder why the hell I bought a new ssv ute. Good luck with warranty claims. Maybe a 37 kilo dianabol munching staffy added to the weight in tray and has affected the driveline!

haha - I made sure I buffed out all the teeth marks in the diff before I took it in (that's a joke just incase anyone from holden is reading this)

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
haha - I made sure I buffed out all the teeth marks in the diff before I took it in (that's a joke just incase anyone from holden is reading this)

no one from Holden would be here. They all doing repairs on poorly made utility vehicles.