Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updates on the green machine - for anyone interested.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Hey TinSnips didnt realise the dramas ur having with the car hope u get it sorted out i had a similar issue with my transmission shifting points were all over the place there couldnt fix it said its normal and its my driving style so alot of time wasted taking time off work so got my work solicitor to write holden a letter of demand to get it fixed after comparing other holdens so holden came to the party straight away and changed the transmission maybe u could go the way i did.
Hope u get it sorted out

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Wow Tins... As vessme said I knew you have said in the past there was that squeaky problem you were having but I didn't realize it has blown out this much and over a period of six months... That really sucks If it were me (i"m sure yourself) I'd be going mad not having my pride and joy... I hope this all gets resolved, if not could this warrant for an entire replacement? Holdens "billion dollar baby" could be under some hot water if word gets out a massive investment.. I mean I have never heard of a ve having this much issues... I don't mean to bash it but I'm sure the dealers are working at the up most best to rectify the issues and hopefully you will be back on the roads in no time :)

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man
Have they organized a loan car for you ?

Or are you expected to be without a car for a week ?

Cheers

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
can you explain your driveline knocking please m8?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This is probably the only time i think an insurance job is a good idea.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hey guys, thanks.

I've really got nothing bad to say about the guys working in the car, except this might have all happened a bit sooner if they'd spent a little more time looking for the gearbox fault the first time I mentioned it 18 months ago... But at the time I was told there was no fault and here we are. They do seem to be doing the best they can at the moment so I can't really ask for more than that... Except for a car that does what it's meant to do.

I'm still driving the car during the waiting between work, so I'm not without it... But it frustrates the hell out of me everytime I get in it. They'll be taking the car for a week in two weeks' time and will be supplying me with a loan car which I appreciate.

As for a replacement car.. I have no idea what the procedure for that would be... But you would have to think it would almost be the cheaper option for them.

As it's a manual, there's really nothing to tune out of it in regards to shift points and such so it's down to attacking it with spanners.

The car was a new one that I had to wait for to be made... They had ordered a red one for a demo but I arrived before anything had gone to paint so they changed the order to minimise my waiting time.

Fingers crossed for some kind of result with the next visit.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
can you explain your driveline knocking please m8?

The 'knocking' sound seems to be from the diff. It's a loud metallic knock, not too different in sound to the suspension knock a lot of people get... It happens on and off throttle and on and off the clutch... Most notably, obviously, in stop/start driving. It can get so bad that it will actually jolt the car and shudder... Almost like the diff is bouncing off itself.

There is also an unusually loud clunk with 90% of gear shifts plus it will grind into gear, particularly 2nd and 3rd, on an irregular basis, which I would put down to poor clutch disengagement.

There are a bunch of other issues... But that's the main knocks and clunks.

And I would be lying if I said an insurance job hadn't crossed my mind.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
There is nothing worse then ongoing warranty problems with a car, it's as frustrating as hell. Good luck with it all and lets all rejoice when the Gov't brings in lemon laws.