Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updates on the green machine - for anyone interested.

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by TinSnips, Sep 3, 2010.

1. TinSnips

TinSnips Polish all the things...

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Haha.. Thanks mate.

Tell you what though... That first good run up to the mountains or down to bulli after it's all over is going to be amazing

2. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    I have a suggestion. Tell the dealer principal you want to do a car swap. Swap cars for a month with whatever HSV he drives and he takes your car. That way he gets a chance to experience the level of service that his dealership provides, and you get to drive something that doesn't contantly need repairs. And I bet when you get it back after the month it will all be magically sorted
    Run it by him, see what he reckons.

3. TheVESV6

TheVESV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 Ve Sv6.
    Will have a cold one for you that day... Yeep! Wash car at Dusk... Sit back looking at it.... Have a Beer..............And Listen to you through the Mountains...

4. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Now THAT'S an idea!

5. jaffassv

jaffassv New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS-V
    What happened with your harmonic balancer? How come it needed replacing?

6. STEALTHY™

STEALTHY™ So Wet For You!

Members Ride:
    VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
    I think by reading all the replies in this thread, there isn't an actual reason for the fault, everything just breaks after it gets put in his car...:)

7. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    The harmonic balancer DIDN'T need replacing, originally. It was replaced as part of a techline - that didn't work - and was apparently replaced with a faulty one.

8. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    I think you're right about that... Fkn car is whining again as of 11am this morning!

9. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    cough*insurancejob*cough

10. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    That's a wicked cough, mate

11. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    Can i borrow your car to go to the Dr? Could wall it for ya :p

12. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Absolutely. Happy to loan it to you!

13. TheVESV6

TheVESV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 Ve Sv6.
    Hey mate,

Hope things are looking up with the ute..

14. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Looking about the same - waiting for a loan car to be made available so she can go back in.

15. TheVESV6

TheVESV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 Ve Sv6.
    They should be putting a slab in the loan car for you as well..

Hopefully it's all good before the end of the year mate.

16. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Not much of an update, but here it goes - Front bar respray was finished on thursday (not monday as expected) after a number of botched attempts at matching the paint (note anyone driving atomic cars - it's a bastard to match apparently) - and went straight back in on friday (dealer wasn't happy with the match - I didn't even see it) so they've actually gone a couple of shades darker than the colour code. As of Friday afternoon, the paint was done and allegedly looking good but still to soft to refit the bar.

Prior to driving it up there last week, there had been some of the old issues starting to come back in the gearbox (grinding, excessive clunking) but was still only sporadic, so doubtful they've been able to replicate it. Will no doubt have to wait until it's almost eaten itself again. I've given up completely of them finding the actual root of the problem - all 4 gearboxes cannot possibly be faulty. So it looks like the ute will stay stock as a rock until I turf it asap. No sense in spending cash on a car that can't even survive as it is, let alone bolting stuff onto it - which is pretty disappointing to be honest.

They're also going to have another crack at fixing the dash creak - which is literally like the sound of an old rusty door hinge with any movement of the car - and yes, I've checked... no doors in the dash) - but with no success to date, I don't like their chances.

So it would seem (at this stage) that the old adage of 'the lemon' is alive and kicking in this example. I should pick it up on Monday or Tuesday (maybe) and go from there - at least I'll be out of the fkn cruize - but no idea for how long. It's a genuine kick in the teeth to not be able to drive the car you've paid for - more than 2 years down the track - and I'm not holding my breath for a result on any perspective.

17. SV666

SV666 The Commodore Enthusiast

Members Ride:
    VS EXEC SII
    It is so heartbreaking to read your entire thread and still no avail that the car can be passed as "fixed" Tins... For a fella that loves his car you have one hell of a calm and rock steady paitence, there would be only a very select few that would be at this point if they were in your shoes right now... the marjority would of kicked up a fuss a long time ago. My friend I sincerly hope that everything will start to show signs of positive dividends for yourself in the near future.

18. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate the sentiments. I promise you that the calm and patient tins is predominantly limited to typing - much less relaxed about the situation in general. Believe me - I have kicked up a fuss - it's just that I've aimed it in what I believe to be the right direction - senseless to throw accusation around blindly. In essence, it's really not the dealership's fault - they supplied me with a vehicle and since then have been doing their best to rectify the issues. I do believe the issue has been there since manufacture and took the first (not even) 6 months to rear its head.

And you're right - I do love my car - or at least, I did until recently, but I can only stick up for it for so long. Anger doesn't really come into it anymore - it's been too long. It's just disappointing and frustrating now (for the dealership as well). And this is every time I get behind the wheel (which isn't as often as it should be). Certainly not how I envisioned things panning out when I bought the car.

As I said, I've escalated the issue but will just have to wait and see what becomes of that. But if nothing else, this is costing holden a fortune in warranty claims. At least all this work hasn't cost me anything (aside from far too much time and petrol) - not much of a silver lining but there you go.

19. TheVESV6

TheVESV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 Ve Sv6.
    Right then.......1000 car march on holden, I'm sure they would wheel a new one out for you by the end of the day...

And fill the back with slabs for you... To celebrate with us..

What ever happens, I hope to have that beer with you and sit back and admire what ever car is in front of us.

Thx for the update...

20. TinSnips

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    alright - just to bore everyone, here's an update...

On the 4th attempt, the paint match on the front bar is PERFECT! It now shows up the rest of the plastic trim painted at factory! The finish is good (aside from some very fine marring which is to be expected and will buff out very easily when the paint has had time to cure).

As for the returning issues - they weren't able to replicate them, as I had expected, so that's still an unknown.

But I genuinely couldn't be happier with the paint, so that's ONE positive - and I know that the service manager had a bit of a fight with the panel shop to get it done properly, as under the panel shop lights, the paint was right - but in full sun (has been overcast in Sydney) or under fluorescent lighting (car parks) it stuck out like the proverbial.

Time will tell for the rest.