Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updates on the green machine - for anyone interested.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You know, if it had a manual gearbox and seats that fit humans, it wouldn't be too bad. I can deal with a slow car, that isn't REALLY the issue (although the petrol one is PAINFULLY slow). What gets me is the "you want what gear?" approach the auto box seems to have adopted. I'd describe it as schizophrenic.

There is revised software for the auto trans that makes it shift better, yours may not have had it done yet...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
For a girls car its fine but for men like us that demand grunt, handling and comfort it fails on all three.

:D

Oh without a doubt! The way it washes through the corners is reminiscent of old Citroens. But that does make it easy to take a nap in when she's driving us back from her Mum's house! God knows I need one after that! lol

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I didn't mind the look of the Cruze but faaarrrk was it a slug. Although without the test drive in the Cruze I would not of got the SV6 as the missus saw it in the showroom after the fail Cruze drive :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The diesel auto goes quite hard for what it is, the auto keeps it on boost nicely :D

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The diesel auto goes quite hard for what it is, the auto keeps it on boost nicely :D

Most little turbo diesels do go alright. My mum recently got a Golf TDI and it will really get a move on when it spools up. Shame it doesn't rev, really. But she likes it. Even though it sounds like a delivery truck!

The missus was looking at the Astra TD before it was axed. That wasn't a bad little car either.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
358rwkw under warranty??? Wow! That's a loophole!

I got the one that fell off the assembly line, I think!

I reckon it sounds like it fell of the transporter between the factory and the dealer. Shame that Australia doesn't have "lemon" laws like the US - a car as defective as yours would probably have been replaced compulsorily.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I reckon it sounds like it fell of the transporter between the factory and the dealer. Shame that Australia doesn't have "lemon" laws like the US - a car as defective as yours would probably have been replaced compulsorily.

I think you might be right about the lost in transport!

Just a quick update. Got through to the workshop a little while ago - didn't get much info from them, but it's confirmed that I'm now on gearbox number 3 and a new harmonic balancer. Still being worked on and unsure if it will be ready today.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Third gearbox mate, far out i really hope they get their **** together and fix this for you mate.

Cheers.