Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating factory speakers

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Thanks. I don't have any interest in going further than the speakers, even that was stretching it and probably will not occur.

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
I have bought these to put in - just STILL waiting to get the car back from the paint shop :(
They fit perfectly using their thin spacers/adapters (tested fitted in a spare set of doors I have, but that's another story) and I used the Aerpro factory wiring adapters so no cutting and soldering of any wires.

Attachments

• IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 120

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
The spacers came with speakers or you sourced some to use?

H

harrop.senator

If not interested in a subwoofer I'd probably go coaxial rears or something that has some bass.

Adding split speakers to the front in a quality brand will only leave you with mids and high like they're supposed to.

My subwoofer amps are usually between 1/4 and a 1/2 head unit settings of sometimes 1 on he headunit.

Vibrating big bass gives me head aches. But you miss bass when there's absolutely nothing left .

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I'm more at the level of finding the size that fits, make sure it's an established brand name, black cone, and likely better than 20yr old Korean!

H

harrop.senator

Kicker 6.5 and alpine 6.5 go straight in and tweeters can fit under the dash trim and windscreen.

Haven't fitted other brands.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I was looking a the Alpine 6.5" SPC-170 for no particular reason than that I used Alpine in previous cars, different speakers though. Noticed they also have 6" SPJ-161C2 but half the price. Assume the price matches the speaker potential too. Would you match all 4 doors with same 6.5" as per stock setup? Then something with extra beef up back in the shelf, but possibly not for some time. I wasn't going to bother with the tweeters unless they came as a package deal perhaps, as some do. Are the stock ones not that good? Naturally, they aren't really meant to stand out over the others, just compliment them....listen to me talking speakers, no idea!