Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I’m sure there’s a lot of us on here that are quite happy with our VF’s being our long term car. My question is. What would bring the VF up to 2020 standards? What are some modifications you’d make to make your VF more modern?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
My Redline II

Update for my link: there’s still no ideal solution to this Kayhan seemed like the best choice but thanks to some reviews on here I’ve decided to give it a miss. The beat would be @TazzI Colorado experiment but he’s obviously flat out.

Full exhaust/intake/tune: Bring it closer to the Stinger and Mustang performance wise

Calais V features: After owning a Calais V before the Redline this one does annoy me. Auto dipping mirrors, seat memory and an electric passenger seat should’ve already been on the Redline.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
What would make a 2015-2017 car a 2020 car ? Nothing...let it age gracefully
A new car ?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
What would make a 2015-2017 car a 2020 car ? Nothing...let it age gracefully
A new car ?

Soooo you’ve decided to post on this thread despite the fact it doesn’t really answer any of the questions in the OP. Cool

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I've put one of the i902 Alpine units in to replace the Mylink and I'm pretty happy with it. Carplay really brings the tech offering up a little.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've put one of the i902 Alpine units in to replace the Mylink and I'm pretty happy with it. Carplay really brings the tech offering up a little.

Did you do this yourself?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Did you do this yourself?

Yeah it wasn't hard, just time consuming and a bit fiddly. Plug and play apart from 1 wire to splice into the supplied harness (they give you both the wire and the harness, no idea why it can't come attached but anyway). The hardest part was where the instructions said "simply run the GPS antenna wiring from the R/H side of the dash" but mean "remove a shitload of other trims and the instrument cluster for access". Oh and the "simply run the wiring from the centre console for the usb port" means "lol remove the centre console, peasant".

As a bonus in the Alpine unit you can customise all of the chime volumes (e.g. the "LOL YOUR KEY IS IN THE IGNITION BUT YOUR DOOR IS OPEN I'MA WRECK YOU WITH A STUPID CHIME"), can turn them WAY down.

Downside is the units are NOT cheap and there's not a lot of choice for where to buy them e.g. not a lot of competition. I only got a small discount from RRP and that's because I bought at trade through work.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Soooo you’ve decided to post on this thread despite the fact it doesn’t really answer any of the questions in the OP. Cool

I precisely answered your question.
It might be you dont agree with my opinion but that's separate argument...

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it wasn't hard, just time consuming and a bit fiddly. Plug and play apart from 1 wire to splice into the supplied harness (they give you both the wire and the harness, no idea why it can't come attached but anyway). The hardest part was where the instructions said "simply run the GPS antenna wiring from the R/H side of the dash" but mean "remove a shitload of other trims and the instrument cluster for access". Oh and the "simply run the wiring from the centre console for the usb port" means "lol remove the centre console, peasant".

As a bonus in the Alpine unit you can customise all of the chime volumes (e.g. the "LOL YOUR KEY IS IN THE IGNITION BUT YOUR DOOR IS OPEN I'MA WRECK YOU WITH A STUPID CHIME"), can turn them WAY down.

Downside is the units are NOT cheap and there's not a lot of choice for where to buy them e.g. not a lot of competition. I only got a small discount from RRP and that's because I bought at trade through work.

Ah okay thanks for the info. Sounds like something I think I’d rather pay someone to do lol.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Yet @Ron Burgundy specifically answered the question.

Just coz you don't like / agree wth the answer doesnt make it invalid.

EDIT: he beat me to it.