Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Remote window operation. The hardware, at least for the front windows, is already there.
Electrochromatic mirrors.
HID headlights and static cornering lamps.
External boot release.
Cooled seats.
Factory DRLs that dim at night.
Remote windows are only a(edit) ~$30 dongle away. I have it. Works great.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yes, Holden have done some incredibly stupid things when it comes to cost cutting and decontenting.
Redlines should have been on par with Calais V for features/electrics no ifs or buts. The cost saving of deleting these features would have been negligible at best, yet all they have achieved is pissing off some of their most loyal customers.

One of the stupidest things they ever did was deleting the glovebox light in the VE. I bought a new VE Calais (non V) in 2010 and it didn't even come with a glovebox light.... yet even a cheap and nasty shitheap like a Hyundai Getz still managed to have one. Go figure.
Now it may seem extremely minor, but I did have a few instances where I had to look for something in the glovebox in the dark and had to resort to using the light on my phone. Very frustrating for a car I paid almost 40k for.
They were hell bent on keeping the bean counters happy, but they failed to realise the damage they were doing to the brand by souring people's perception of the product.

I actually placed a glove box light back in my MY09 VE Calais. The console light disappeared too but there was a new mold made and it did not have the cutouts for the lamp and switch.

As for the electric seat on the passenegr side, you would only need to add a power cable to the seat. I'm not sure if he plug has the same wiring positions in the plugs but you would think they would.

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Remote cwindows are only a ~$10 dongle away. I have it. Works great.
Cuda, I tried a couple of cheap dongles. The irritating problem was that they made the indicators flash ten times whenever a door was opened. Do you have one that avoids this?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
there are a lot of features people are asking for that exist in trim levels other than the one they bought.

buy the trim level you want don't expect it at every level.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cuda, I tried a couple of cheap dongles. The irritating problem was that they made the indicators flash ten times whenever a door was opened. Do you have one that avoids this?
Yeah, no such issues with mine. I'll post a pic later.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

The one from ALC does the same :mad::(

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, no such issues with mine. I'll post a pic later.
I hope this helps. I'll see if I can find the seller on eBay.
received_189419145805739.jpeg

Either they've gone up, or my memory is getting worse! Still, not expensive and my two of these work flawlessly.
Edit
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Ca...023086&hash=item19dfd09ddb:g:tCsAAOSwY~VZcIg-

Last edited:

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline