Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
No issues. You have to hold the unlock or lock button down for a second or two to operate the windows. The remote start works as normal.

cool, you've got me interested.

i use remote start every morning, so i take it if you want to do the windows you hold rather than just the press.

So these all appear to say Cruze, assume that SS is the same?

Last edited:

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport

i use remote start every monring, so i take it if you want to do the windows you hold rather than just the press.

Buy the one from Cuda's link in the previous pages. They are the same as the Cruze devices. I tried a couple of the other OBD devices listed but they annoyingly flash the indicators ten times when the boot or doors are opened.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
The ad mentions an automatic close function:

1. automatically inspect and close the car windows after locking the doors
After parking your car, take out the remote (car key), push the “lock” button remotely to close the door.
It will automatically inspect the open windows and control them closed. (4 windows will be closed at the same time)

Does this work with passive door lock and when using the lock button on the door handles? For example, my Calais V automatically closes the sunroof, a few seconds after I turn the ignition off. If this gadget does something similar to the windows, then it will be awesome.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

i use remote start every monring, so i take it if you want to do the windows you hold rather than just the press.

I'm not sue TBH? But that's the same supplier and (i think) unit that i bought.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The ad mentions an automatic close function:

1. automatically inspect and close the car windows after locking the doors
After parking your car, take out the remote (car key), push the “lock” button remotely to close the door.
It will automatically inspect the open windows and control them closed. (4 windows will be closed at the same time)

Does this work with passive door lock and when using the lock button on the door handles? For example, my Calais V automatically closes the sunroof, a few seconds after I turn the ignition off. If this gadget does something similar to the windows, then it will be awesome.
Yes. No matter how the door locks are activated, the windows go up.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I use remote start every monring
What's needed to do that, does it need to be enabled in the system menu or do you need to do some special tap-dance on the key fob?

My better half commented the other day about how it'd have been good to remote-start so teh aircon would blast cold air for a few minutes before getting in, but simply holding the button with the loopy-arrow sigil on it for half a second or so did nothing. So I wasn't able to show how her car managed to meet her desires before she even knew she had them. :)

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
For those interested in the window thingy , I found a seller that has stock in Aus , I assume it is the same unit as the item description is a direct copy/paste and also has the "new function" of pausing but doesn't have the "Coolint" branding https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/303248412414 , When I get it i'll let you all know if it works ok

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
What's needed to do that, does it need to be enabled in the system menu or do you need to do some special tap-dance on the key fob?

My better half commented the other day about how it'd have been good to remote-start so teh aircon would blast cold air for a few minutes before getting in, but simply holding the button with the loopy-arrow sigil on it for half a second or so did nothing. So I wasn't able to show how her car managed to meet her desires before she even knew she had them. :)

when the car is already locked, press and release the lock button again then hold the loopy button for a couple seconds and .....vrooooooommm!!

You can set up the aircon to come on under comfort settings in mylink from memory, but it will only work when the ambient temp is at a certain level..Which I can’t recall at present

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
You can set up the aircon to come on under comfort settings in mylink from memory, but it will only work when the ambient temp is at a certain level..Which I can’t recall at present

I guess the ambient temperature dependency is for heated seats. For the AC itself, I think remote start will switch it on if 1. It’s enabled in MyLink and 2. If you left the AC on the last time your turned the ignition off