Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Don't the indicators just flash when the car locks itself? I.e not due to the window module?
Some of them make the indicators flash more than the lock/unlock would normally.
My one does so I'm looking to get the one in the link posted earlier

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Prior to the dongle that 426Cuda recommended, I had tried others but they all made the indicators flash ten times whenever a door was opened. They were irritating and I did not use them.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Don't the indicators just flash when the car locks itself? I.e not due to the window module?
Yes they flash once when locking as normal , the other one flashed 10 times when the car was unlocked and 6 times when put in reverse and once when the car locked

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes they flash once when locking as normal , the other one flashed 10 times when the car was unlocked and 6 times when put in reverse and once when the car locked
Ok thanks. What a bloody nuisance!

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
For those interested , i finally received my window thingy , the first one i ordered is still sitting in a Chinese dock some where since 12 of April due to Covid so the seller resent it , its from the seller @426Cuda got his from , it doesn't do the indicator flashes that the first one i got but it does have the window pause function , very happy with it . I now have one of these for sale but with the indicator flashes and if the one in China finally starts moving i'll have 2 for sale ?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111129173467

I got mine yesterday. No indicator flashing issues. Cool little gadget - makes you wonder what other nifty tricks are possible via the OBD Port. Thanks @426Cuda!!

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Yeah it wasn't hard, just time consuming and a bit fiddly. Plug and play apart from 1 wire to splice into the supplied harness (they give you both the wire and the harness, no idea why it can't come attached but anyway). The hardest part was where the instructions said "simply run the GPS antenna wiring from the R/H side of the dash" but mean "remove a shitload of other trims and the instrument cluster for access". Oh and the "simply run the wiring from the centre console for the usb port" means "lol remove the centre console, peasant".

As a bonus in the Alpine unit you can customise all of the chime volumes (e.g. the "LOL YOUR KEY IS IN THE IGNITION BUT YOUR DOOR IS OPEN I'MA WRECK YOU WITH A STUPID CHIME"), can turn them WAY down.

Downside is the units are NOT cheap and there's not a lot of choice for where to buy them e.g. not a lot of competition. I only got a small discount from RRP and that's because I bought at trade through work.
Hey mate,
After a year of using the unit how do you like it? Are there any major issues with it? There’s a newer model coming out mid this year so I’m waiting for that, but wanted to know if there’s anything outstanding in the old one first.

hows the finish on the trim, does it suit your car? I’ve got black trim inside the vehicle but from what I’ve seen the alpine looks a bit cheap around the edges and sticks out like a sore thumb. The images online show the light on the buttons glowing really bright, is this something you can control?