Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah the Fiestas are great ..
Figured a little small for my needs .
Having said that the small fords club had a get together display last weekend , Cardiff ford hosted it .
Plenty of cortinas and capris .
Some very rare and special ones there .
Gt cortina, rs3100 capri and a cosworth Capri = didn't even know about them..
Anyway a new Fiesta was on display near the showroom door = thought it was a focus at first because visually the size.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
wow that's nice, yes everything gets a bit bigger as they get newer. the Polo GTI now has a 2L trubo engine instead of the 1.6L. now the same as a Golf GTI in certain aspects. but the new Focus ST models is something i am not a fan of in my opinion, i think it's now a 3 cylinder engine. and now come in Automatics. still has a bit of power though

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah it's the new Fiesta that's a 3 cylinder 1.5 litre. more power than the previous model though
Yeah the new Focus ST come in a manual and auto , they recon most will take the auto.
Really people it's a hot hatch =eg a drivers car and you want to get it in an auto

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
people just do not want to enjoy the drive anymore man. they don't want to feel alive when on boost. just go from A to B at this point.. it sucks really. it is getting harder and harder to find those nice roads for some spirited driving as well. times are changing. not sure if i like it

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeap Forster by great lakes way is only about 1.5 to 2 hours up the road = a nice drive and a great destination.
A little further up the coast the Oxley HWY West of Port Macquarire = starts out with fast sweepers , at one point a sign post = 45 klms of 25 to 45 km corners ,then opens up to 65 to 85 km corners , before evenually opening up to flat out sweepers and open road ==== all up 170 kms of heaven.
Done this only once in a car = my VU SS ute , but been plenty of times on various bikes.
Really want to take the Focus ST , hopefully soon as it would be in it's element.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I can imagine.= when your foot is put down.
Have found with my ST if gentile/easy on the throttle and cruising in more open road situations is quite surprising economical

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i got out for a sneaky ride. took traction control off for the first time and man this thing is a beast. can't believe P platers have a car like this. the amount of speed you can take it through a corner is mental. got it booked in for a service and inspection on monday. hopefully all is well and already got 2 mods i plan on getting done soon once the restrictions are up

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Service and inspection completed. and the car is healthy. nothing major needed fixing. green light for modifications has been lit and will commence soon. can't wait to drive it legally. 34 days to go