Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
yesterday was the day i have my full license and let me tell you i took advantage of that!!. it was a busy day with many things to do but driving the focus was probably the biggest highlight of the day. such a fun car. took a friend for a spin. he loves it. unfortunately can't get the res delete until the new year. and extremely busy to get the number plates off and swap. but that is the goal today. can't help myself to bury the throttle. but i should restrain myself until i learn how to drive this car better

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
20201205_121544[4917]e1.jpg

oh yeah!. looks nice. unfortunately had to screw it in an unlikely spot since the holes on the XR5 where in a spot that was inconvenient. but non the less it is all done and looks nice. driving a manual daily is amazing. but weird. i need to get used the mannerisms i guess.
but certainly a fun daily. have rego and insurance to pay soon. yay on that

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Enjoy the new daily!!! Fun little cars the Focus are.
Ahhh!! You should have just bought the number plate adapter plates. You screw the adapter to the car and then the plates into the adapter. Even leaves clearance to fit protective frames.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enjoy the new daily!!! Fun little cars the Focus are.
Ahhh!! You should have just bought the number plate adapter plates. You screw the adapter to the car and then the plates into the adapter. Even leaves clearance to fit protective frames.
i will, they are great. still looking for good deals on an SS or HSV. but the prices are way out. i did not know they existed. that would have been better for sure. i was in a bit of a rush to get them on otherwise i would have had to drive a different car.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20201229_180522_3[4979]h.jpg
IMG_20201229_180546_4[4978]dr.jpg

A good day today, other then almost getting into a fist fight haha. gave her a wash, and went for my first mountain drive. which was really nice. and i could see that i was not the only one going for a nice drive up those mountains. hopefully slowed down enough because i drove past a cop up the mountains, had a little fun with a lady driven GTI.
noticed some of the caps on the lug nuts are loose so i tightened them hopefully enough because from what i hear they are a bit tricky
those rotors need to be changed as soon as possible for better braking. they were done when i was finished haha.

overall a productive day. heading up to Phillip island for the weekend with a couple of friends. should be a good time

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20210109_093927y.jpg

As i said previously i went to my friends holiday house for the weekend and really enjoyed the drive however i would have liked the option of cruise control if i so need to. maybe a mod for the future. there are some really enjoyable roads down at Phillip island. and i learned that the Foces is surprisingly a low car. it scrapes a lot. i die inside. would like to stop that if i can

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Really!!!!!! No cruise control? How is that possible , for a 2010 top of the range performance focus.
Ground clearance issues!! It's standard height? I know you have said stock and looks standard height.
Have had no issues with my 2013 ST.
I am apprehensive of kerbs and concrete blocks/ stops but thats because of the maloo's front bar which is certainly lower than the STs

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
i know right? can't believe i paid so much for this.
yes, i can go up most drive ways it is just going down that is the problem but only with certain driveways i guess. my ute is lower then the focus. so if i make it with the ute i know i can make with the focus but it sneaks up on ya sometimes or at least it does with me. hate the sound of scraping. infact how i found it to be "low" is that i parked the focus and it scraped hard on the concrete kerb. that night i learned to back it up in every park always