Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I just can't believe a 2010 car doesn't have cruise.
You do have that distinctive 5 cylinder engine/ character/ sound.!!!
Yeah I pull up short of concrete blocks/ kerbs out of being paranoid/ worried = habit.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
yeah, it sucks. but on the other hand at night it helps keep you awake by forcing you to be on the pedal. at the very least a little bit more.
yes, the performance, practicality, sound, reliability out ways the cons but still though.
oh i know already about that problem. i do find myself parking further out then normal on streets or parks. but i don't know if that helps since traffic can get sloppy and hit my focus. heard of horror stories and peoples rides they loved. *shivers*

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20210206_102034_7[5102].jpg

Just got my brake pads. unfortunately i was notified that the rear Bendix ultimate plus pads are no longer being produced and so i was left with these Euros, they are a step above the standard Euro pads. i was also told that you can technically still get the rear ultimate pads. but have to pay a lot more for them since they moved it to SRT from memory, could be wrong. but i bought what will be good enough. also bought some T2 rotors and are now being sent to me.
also just got a res delete and now sounds very nice. not too loud or obnoxious.. and crackles and pops whenever i want, Good times coming

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20210307_161410_1.jpg
IMG_20210307_162237_8~2.jpg
IMG_20210228_151322.jpg

had the T2 rotors and performance pads installed recently. gave her a wash. and went for a nice mountain drive with a friend at 12 in the morning. found ourselves here with this beautiful view and stayed until 3 talking about life and goals and memories. gotta have a friend like that. makes life far more interesting with all the right reasons.
this car grips on those corners hard. still very impressed with what she can do in stock form

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20210323_194221_4[5188].jpg

Rear RS lights installed. did not take me long and looks 100 times better then stock. but the stock lights still look good. but no way do they look this good. this photo does not do it justice. much deeper red the what you are seeing.
Went for a nice midnight mountain drive with a friend. went 80-90 up those mountains. in 4th gear with the turbo screaming. it honestly sounded like a haunted scream in the woods which only fueled me to go faster. went to our mountain view spot. caught the blood moon on accident. had a rev match with an EVO then went down for some Maccas and went to sleep.
awesome night.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_0025[5443]y.jpg

Update:
Wing has been raised to give it a more aggressive look. and am quite happy with it. did not want to go full RS MK2 style!
Got a 3 inch down pipe with a 100 cell cat but i have not installed it just yet and a cat less pipe for track days if i so choose.
as i said in another post i would try to get some economical figures in the XR5 and the lowest was 8.8 litres per 100 KMS which is not bad for me at all.
took this picture a while ago when i was in the mountains. came out nicely

the battery has been playing up so i will need to get that done soon. and the lights have also been playing up so i am shopping for some new ones and will get them all replaced shortly.

Edit: forgot to mention that i replaced the indicators after a small accident. i reversed and was a little too close to the gate and the mirror hit it. and the indicator broke. so i have upgraded them to an LED moving indicator if that makes sense. from 1 side to the other

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Met a newish member in the local car club for the first time on the weekend , he is very ford , has as ford focus xr5 turbo as a daily = so we chatted for quite some time .
Had dreams , / wishes of going stage 3 on the st today

Last edited:

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Met a newish member in the local car for the first time on the weekend , he is very ford , has as ford focus xr5 turbo as a daily = so we chatted for quite some time .
Had dreams , / wishes of going stage 3 on the st today
can't Get enough of the XR5, seriously wish i saw more of them. with that being said i see another LV XR5 daily. haha, stage 3? that a pretty decent power boost there, needs some supporting mods for that to happen.
got a new job so i see awesome cars now, - XR5, Fiesta ST, Forester STI, WRX STI, MPS, VF GTS, VF GTSR, MR2, XR6 Turbo, MK6 golf R, EVO 5,7,8 AND 9, Civic type R old and new, and the list goes on and on. so many awesome cars to play with. i need more friends in the car scene so we can drive.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
got a new job so i see awesome cars now, - XR5, Fiesta ST, Forester STI, WRX STI, MPS, VF GTS, VF GTSR, MR2, XR6 Turbo, MK6 golf R, EVO 5,7,8 AND 9, Civic type R old and new, and . i need more friends in the car scene so we can drive.

Why I I joined this club Hunter region streetmachine = sooo much different = just good people just enjoying = freindly and enjoying whatever you own..

I love and am use to not seeing me ( same car ) at every corner = also as having an ST ,= recon most just dismiss as a run of the mill focus= bamb you're caught out.and that's in a straight line = then we hit the corners.

Yeah , stage 3 = biggest on stock block / internals from what I've researched.
About $5k in Parts ,plus tune= about around 260 rwhp and about 360 flbs of torque= hopefully and reasonable expectation from others.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
since owning my ST, i figured out how most guys say hi via turbo spooling. love those little acknowledgements. yeah, dismissals is unfortunately for the MPS, ST, and even Renault Megane, due to the fact that they are not a STI or GTI, because those ones are far more popular. and as much as i love those car and would have one given an opportunity, i still love my XR5.
also forgot to mention i see sometimes a HSV VXR. pretty nice car too