Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
The xr5s are becoming less common apparently due to them being written off.
They do have a cult following from what a mate (who dailies his) was saying.

Quite practical too.
He has roof racks and we've had it packed better with the same stuff as many with massive cars/trailers.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
The xr5s are becoming less common apparently due to them being written off.
They do have a cult following from what a mate (who dailies his) was saying.

Quite practical too.
He has roof racks and we've had it packed better with the same stuff as many with massive cars/trailers.
A crying shame, people need to learn how to drive. you only have to watch Australian dash cams to know that. where can i find the cult following? and yes extremely practical, can be economical, pack a lot of things, can have fun, fly under the radar, and carry people and more. considering getting some racks myself. will have to search around

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got my 3' downpipe and 100 cell cat in. MAN! that 5 cylinder sound is coming in so good. and i can feel that it is a bit more powerful. and the good thing is that it is not too loud when i am sitting at the lights or cruising in 6th gear. i am happy i can have both worlds. also got some LED lights installed. so bright and really nice thanks to Supernova Lighting
also, my friend just checked the settings on my car, turns out the steering was set on "standard". he then changed it to "sport" and my goodness, the steering is more accurate and heavier. feels so great. i am indeed a happy camper right now.
money well spent!
also may have gotten a speeding ticket today......

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Oh , I might have to check my steering settings!!!!
I am torn between keeping stock and modding slightly.
Down pipe , catback, intercooler , airbox , cobb accessport and a jst tune would be amazing.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah man, you will feel the difference, let me know what you find!
well.... . . you can "lightly" modify the ST. it is really hard to stay stock for long..
that is a pretty good list there. add a short shifter in there too.

i have a list of what i am going to do to the focus. but i will take my time on it with some of the bigger more expensive parts on that list. but there are some smaller cheaper mods i do plan on placing in like a short shift kit, bushes, you get it

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_20210623_105722_0~2.jpg

just drove for 7 ish hours total yesterday for a funeral for my Aunt. the XR5T drove wonderfully and was comfy for most of the way. except for the lack of cruise ( i swear the one time i needed it ).

Getting a handset with a stage 1-2 plus crackle tune tomorrow. man she is going to be poppin
after that it may take some time to recover the hurt my wallet will get from this.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sorry about your aunt.
Cobb accessport with JST tune= ( can for a bit more cost can , I think get unlimited upgrade tunes ). great for progressive improvements.
This is so for the ST ,anyway, guessing the xr5 is the same.

Needs a video with sound once it's done.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you, my car is now on a stage 2 tune, have not tested it as of right now because it is wet and the torque on this would have me doing "accidental" burnouts. but now that i have more power. when my wallet is healed and in the right direction next will be better handling mods.
gotta be careful of the handset, one wrong move and it is all over

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... but now that i have more power. when my wallet is healed and in the right direction next will be better handling mods.
gotta be careful of the handset, one wrong move and it is all over
It's more logical to do suspension, brake and tyres first :p It just seem backwards to do engine mods first where one can overpower the chassis and put the car sideways into a tree :eek:

PS: like those XR5's. great playful nimble little cars :cool:

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
as i have said previously on this thread, i have T2 Rotors and performance pads done, the ONLY reason i got the tunes and handset was because i placed the 3' downpipe and 100 cell cat on, and the XR5 was playing up because it was reading wrong. eventually would damage the engine without a tune, so to avoid it i got the tunes... besides i will not go further when it comes to power. it has enough with this.