Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
so i just been testing the tune yesterday since it wasn't raining and the road is "dry enough".
3rd gear is incredible, 4th gear is amazing, 2nd gear has so much torque. going to have to learn to control it in order to use it. but if you stamp the foot down in 2nd the wheels will spin so hard. might need new Tyre's soon. wallet hurts.

handling mods will be my next stop

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, can you adjust the tune?
What tyres / brands you running? Most seem to rave about the pilotsport 4s.

I've still got some Goodyears on 2 ( not the original) just about worn out. Will go Bridgestone or the PS4s
Have heard ( with my ST anyway)= stock. torque is limited in 1st and 2nd to help people with tracton.

Again with mine have heard a Cobb rear /diff mount makes a world of difference with tracton/bunnyhopping/drive.
You're also not helping my resolve to not mod mine :D:D

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
i can only change the maps that i have been given with the handset which is 3 in total.

not sure on the brand. but tyres are pretty decent and can handle pretty well in stock form. with the tune i will have to upgrade the handling.
even in stock the XR5 would constantly struggle for traction in second, with this tune it has doubled easily. however you can bypass it if you at first take it easy and then hit harder slightly after the initial bite.

an LSD is something i will look into in the future. but not now. does wonders i hear

she is a good car from factory. but man.... you are missing out BIG time!! you gotta open her up.
and also......... ......

Sorry not sorry

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
also another thing i noticed, the heavier i use it because of the tune. the more fuel i use. the pull more power out. but if i keep calm and drive normally the fuel economy will increase from what it was before. gonna be a little harder now. but i will have to push myself to restrain.
AND AGAIN!!.....

sorry not sorry

Reactions: Lex

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah Turbo 4s stay off the throttle / lite on = good/great economy.
Get into them all the time and they drink like a V8 .

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah Turbo 4s stay off the throttle / lite on = good/great economy.
Get into them all the time and they drink like a V8 .
yep, unfortunately most cars that have any sort of performance potential will have the set back of being thirsty when the throttle is being hit hard. unless it is an N/A motor like the older Civic Type R. i hear they are pretty good. but anything with a turbo with performance is bound to go up in fuel. i also hear the fiesta ST and Polo GTI are okay as well. they also have smaller motors too

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay, so i just found out from one of the tuners, not the guy i got the handset from, that i need an upgraded intercooler to go with the stage 2 tune, since my car has been running on stage 2 since i first got it.......ouch! so just then i changed to stage 1 tune (still feels great) which is safer since you can run it with the stock intercooler. and NOW am on the hunt for an upgraded intercooler. already got my eyes on one... until then i will take it easy. plus maybe a torque mount and short shifter too. maybe

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got myself a Whiteline rear sway bar, such a meaty piece of steel. looking forward to feeling it soon when i install it. well....

i have been thinking a lot.. and my goals are slowly changing for what i want in the future. so the stage 2 DTF intercooler and the rear sway bar will hopefully be my last performance modifications to my car. and hopefully overall as well.

Met a new friend at the Gas station a few days ago, he had a Civic Type R, so wanted to drive with him around the place. he goes up the mountains when he can as do i. so cool to have conversations with people passionate about cars.
IMG_20210906_191705_4~2 (2).jpg

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
34e.jpg
fyui.jpg
h.jpg
hty.jpg

I was looking at getting an MPS before i got the XR5, as the direct competitor i simply had no choice but to park next to it.
i spoke to a fellow former XR5 owner, he misses his one so much. we had a 20-25 ish minute chat on the car and other car enthusiasts business. it was really nice to speak to a fellow car enthusiast, it makes my day a bit more brighter. had to drive up the mountain to get something and i saw a nice 350Z. so i did what any rational person would do...... we had fun.

need to get a service done soon. and hopefully get my rear sway bar in while I'm at it
i hear that is the best handling mod for the price and i am eager to test it out!!