Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade Fuel Tank, Bs Berlina

V

vsBerli

Hey all, newbe here, great to see a top site holy and soley for commodores.
I've just purchased a smick, stock VS Berlina II and was wondering if there's much involved in upgrading the 60L fuel tank to an 80L. From stuffing around with the instrument cluster lately i noticed a switch underneath which allows you to tell it if you have a 60L or 80L. The obvious indicates a swap of the tank and a flick of the switch? it would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows anything about this, that they could drop me a line, thanks.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Should be a bolt up job as far as instruments go if you use the one with the tank it will all work thw same as the sender units resistance is the same between the two different tanks sender units.
The switch on the cluster for 60 to 80 is only for the trip computer to calibrate the right distance to empty figure in one of the displays...nothing to do with the gauge.

V

vsBerli

Thanks markovr,

I'm going to ring a couple of wreckers today to price and question them about a larger fuel tank.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Forgot to mention on the bigger tank there is another external fuel pump and damper but it electrically plugs up the same
I'm interested in doing the same when you tell me what the going price is?

B

brettkp

I'd be quite interested to know how it goes (and how much).

Where abouts is this switch you mention?

Brett

V

vsBerli

Hey fellas, i rang up holden to query them about the larger tank. They told me that the larger tank is the long range version (73L) off a statesman and that it states (on their system), this particular tank defiantly does fit a sedan. They quoted me $400 (only for the tank). I rang a local wrecker and explained the type of tank i wanted, they quoted me $275. I forgot to ask them if it included the sender unit and the straps. I'm hoping it will, i'll fing out soon.

V

vsBerli

yeah brettkp, on my VS Berlina, the switch is located on the rear of the instrument cluster (once you pull it out).