Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade Of Air Intake

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
All you need to do is put more openings (towards the blinker) in the lower airbox to make it breath better, The 'Monaro" intake is just a shroud that reduces hot under bonnet air being breathed in. The pic shows what the VY 285kw HSV used:
HSVAirbox.jpg

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
suppose you could always mod your standard air box and fit a pod in that........ should be too hard, i might look in to it

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Yes, try the K&N Panel, then after a good week of driving, take it out and face it towards the sun and see how much dirt it's compiled on it.

MACE

Reaction score
so to buy the mace pod in box..with a bad pod..is $270..then its better to get a k&n pod which is another 70-90 bucks im guessing??...dunno which is better or easier?

The filter we use isn't bad as what people may think, in fact it's better then a K&N item in the fact that it can be run oiless. Why is this fact important, well on cars that run MAF's it certainly is for the following reason :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/98128-clean-your-maf.html

Food for though ;)

Cheers
Steve

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
ok thanks for that mace, as i asked fishman before for the specific reasons of i dont really want to be running a oiled filter because of the storys ive heard of people having problems with the oil running up the intake pipe and into the maf sensor..will probably be purchasing a cai from you soonish.

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
just a bit off the topic...can anyone please advice where the maf is located on the vz v6...cheers

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
on the front of the manifold on the top of the engine..were the pipe connects to the engine