Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade Of Air Intake

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
mace i was also told that ur intake kit also comes with the manifold insulators, well atleast one of the guys from QLD got some with his, therefore making it $300 delivered and u get a pod kit for 170 and mani insulators for 130 which is cheap

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the maf cleaning issue maybe true on vs-vy coldwire mafs but the bosch maf in the vz/ve is a hotwire maf will a burn off feature the heats the wire to 250c to help keep the maf clean. that said the oil film could effect the iat sensor.

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
what improvements has it made to the performance to the car? have you got the insulators?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
mine is oiled (not over oiled) had it for a while check my MAF ect and they were clean as no sign of any oil pretty sure its only a problem if u over oil the filter

vzCAL415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais (Alloytec 190)
mace i was also told that ur intake kit also comes with the manifold insulators, well atleast one of the guys from QLD got some with his, therefore making it $300 delivered and u get a pod kit for 170 and mani insulators for 130 which is cheap

the insulators were sent to me by mistake :cry: hahaha! i'm sending them back to MACE

i've only had my MACE CAI (vz alloytec) for 4 days and already i reckon its well worth the money!

i suggest you all buy one while the weather is cooold :thumbsup:

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
what improvements has it made to the performance to the car? have you got the insulators?

Yes i do have the insulators. I did feeel an slight increase in performance but then it could be my new headers and hi flow cats but luv the sound!! I reckon itz really worth it n itz only around 280 or so much cheaper then ss inductions I luv it anywayz!! Then only way i woud really know is if i dyno it which i soon as im gettin it tuned!

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
the maf cleaning issue maybe true on vs-vy coldwire mafs but the bosch maf in the vz/ve is a hotwire maf will a burn off feature the heats the wire to 250c to help keep the maf clean. that said the oil film could effect the iat sensor.

SO you don't need to clean the MAF sensor for a vz/ve is that what you mean mate?..Iam just wondering as my fuel economy stays around 15-16lts/100k mark and also the throttle response is also not good...

horbury vy s

HORBURY VY S pac
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
i found just using my standard air box with a k&n air filter worked pretty good! mine is a s pac dont know if theres a difference!!!!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i still clean my maf but generally hot wire mafs don't get as dirty they will still build up with dirt they can't burn off but i haven't had any issues with my russo otr with an oiled k&n only afew inchs infront of my maf when i cleaned and reoiled it last i just took my maf off a week after and sprayed contact cleaner on it just in case but never really noticed a difference.