Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade Steering Wheel

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
ADR is australian design rules

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
well mines illegal then.
i have a SAAS bosskit and a autotechnica wheel.

what does a collapsable 1 do?
fall to peices if you crash

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
1991_Vn2nV said:
yeah so only Isotta and Momo are legal. And not all of them are, you must get the ones with the paperwork or stamp on the back.

Also it must be matched with a collapsible boss kit (for SA anyway).

cool so put bluntly i'm the biggest bad ass on the road...lol

anyone know the fines invloved for getting caught with an illegal steering wheel in queensland?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
_A_D_A_M_ said:
well mines illegal then.
i have a SAAS bosskit and a autotechnica wheel.

what does a collapsable 1 do?
fall to peices if you crash

It has give... like it wil push in in case of an accident. Much safer if you are in an accident, as are the ADR approved steering wheels.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
1991_Vn2nV said:
It would be a defect... Here in SA its $21.50 to get the defect off once you replace the steering wheel. I presume QLD would be something similar.

lucky you .. in vic if you get a canary (yellow defect sticker) you have to go and get a complete roadworthy .. the rwc costs around $70 on its own .. then you have to fix everything the copper decided he wanted to sting you for .. PLUS those engine mounts you never got around to, that sump gasket you thought wasnt so bad, throw in a ball joint, cracked headlight glass you never noticed and your in for a world of wallet hurt.

it pays to make yourself friendly with a rwc licenced tester......

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
just a further thought on the worst canary i know of .. years ago a mate got stung for having windscreen washer lights and a busted headlight
the copper threw in 'loose handbrake' 'worn seatbelts' bounced on the bonnet (which they are NOT allowed to do, they cannot touch your vehicle) and decided the front shockers were too worn to make it a major defect notice.

my mate had to get all that rwc list done plus the place that did the roady for him hit him up for all 4 discs machined and pads and power steering rack and pump.

his windscreen washer lights ($8 off ebay) and a globe he didnt bother replacing ($15 from supercheap) that attracted the copper i nthe first place earned him a $1000 bill.