Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgraded cams for 175 alloytec

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
you really are one of the biggest knobs on this forum.. out of curiosity, what time have you got with your 'fully worked' VZ? Did ur painted covers and super dooper air intake get you massive gain somewhere in the rev range?

Oh Mate, don't bag painted engine covers. 30kw at the least is a starting figure. Ever since I did mine red, it feels like a big thumping 8.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Oh Mate, don't bag painted engine covers. 30kw at the least is a starting figure. Ever since I did mine red, it feels like a big thumping 8.

hahahahahahaha, that deserves a thumbs up :spot on:

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
ok well there is a pitfall with converting tunes on a 175 engine. Which is the engine switches between hot/cold spark tables depending on the degree of the cams....... so a VE SV6 doesn't really go into the 30 degree range (which uses the hot spark table) very often so the pitfall with that is....... you miss out on 10 degree's of spark roughly until WOT for general driving (thus removing some torque).... Good for economy, considering the differences not so good for power.

At the moment I'm giving a run up of a VZ SV6 to see how it goes. Has the same feel as a VZ SV6 as my partners brother has one so...... maintains the torque as it jumps to the 30 degree range at around 2500rpm at 25% load roughly........ so u technically get more torque midrange over the exec tunes.

----------

175kw is def a hard engine to get power out of, esp packed with a 4 speed gearbox. Best power gains with the 175 is from pretty much moving the shifts of the gearbox around mostly...... I run a 08 Omega gearbox setup adjusted ...... it shifts in and out of all gears alot better then the VZ gearbox setups ...... will shift into 3rd and 2nd on the highway very easily..... and you dont notice it. It's very quick and light..... so refining the gearbox to deal with the 175kw engine helps the most more so then aiming for big power gains.