Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrades to an 03 'S'

Zep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 MY10 VE SS-V
Hey all,
Just purchased some 19" rims for my '03 VY S, and I was thinking of upgrading my brakes too - is this necessary or more just a preference?

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Zep

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
i have a '03 vy berlina and i assume the brakes are the same.

i would say its just a preferable thing to do as the 19" rims will make the rotors look a bit small.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Hey all,
Just purchased some 19" rims for my '03 VY S, and I was thinking of upgrading my brakes too - is this necessary or more just a preference?

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Zep

If your happy with your current brakes then it isnt really worth upgrading them, but if you are unhappy with them then its worth upgrading them. Larger brakes will look better behing those 19" wheels though.

Zep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 MY10 VE SS-V
Thanks for the replies guys,
with upgrades what would you suggest? I've seen HSV packages on Ebay but look very expensive..
Cheers!

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
You could go for a HSV upgrade package but yes they are pricey. Both Harrop and PBR make upgrade kits, I know that the Harrop kits start at $2000 but im not to sure about the PBR kits.

Zep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 MY10 VE SS-V
Cheers mate,
I think i'll have to look into something like that. If i remember correctly the HSV one I saw was close to 4k..

Pick up the rims on Monday - hopefully they don't rub! Also i've been asked about two different tyre sizes - 245/35ZR19 93Y or 235/35ZR19 91Y, which would be better suited? I plan on lowering the car too.

Thanks,
Zep