Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrading to a VF International

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Hey guys, I currently drive a 2006 VZ executive, it's been a great car and served me very well but unfortunately one of the head gaskets has given way and to fix it it's an enourmous job from what mechanics have told me and it's going to cost more than what the car is even worth... Anyway, I'm upgrading into a 2013 VF International i'm picking it up next week, I wanted an SV6 originally but I came across a 2013 International that's got low mileage and it's a fantastic car.

Do any of you have a VF International? and how does it compare to an SV6? Any feedback and information is appreciated. Thanks!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The vf international is the same as the evoke but it has drls, rims.
Most other evoke things like single exhaust outlet, blue dash, mylink etc are the same.
It has the same 3.0l v6 as the evoke, 3.6 if its lpg.

The sv6 has the 3.6 v6, red dash and mylink, twin exhaust outlet, different front and back bumpers and inside trim.

The 3.0 feels the same to drive as the sv6.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I regularly get to drive a 3.0 and 3.6 (relos cars) and I would say the 3.0 feels like a 3.6 that's carrying 5 people in it.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@stooge drives an SS so both v6 probably feel 'slow' or maybe he means in every other way they are the same. power difference is 25kw and 50nm.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
@stooge drives an SS so both v6 probably feel 'slow' or maybe he means in every other way they are the same. power difference is 25kw and 50nm.

No, since the release of the vf i have had 2 sv6 and 1 evoke and the ssv.
Going from the sv6 into the evoke i didnt notice any difference in daily driving.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
No, since the release of the vf i have had 2 sv6 and 1 evoke and the ssv.
Going from the sv6 into the evoke i didnt notice any difference in daily driving.

I've test driven both cars and my father had a 2015 SV6 storm a couple years back that i drove a couple times. the International does feel VERY similar maybe not identical but very similar.... international has the 3.0L engine and the SV6 has the 3.6L.... would the extra 0.6L really make that much of a difference to the way the car feels and the way it drives? i guess some people may be able to feel the difference especially people who have V8's but I honestly couldn't.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I've test driven both cars and my father had a 2015 SV6 storm a couple years back that i drove a couple times. the International does feel VERY similar maybe not identical but very similar.... international has the 3.0L engine and the SV6 has the 3.6L.... would the extra 0.6L really make that much of a difference to the way the car feels and the way it drives? i guess some people may be able to feel the difference especially people who have V8's but I honestly couldn't.

Handling would be roughly the same so the only difference would be power and i dont thrash vehicles i just drive them normally so to me it is no different.
I think the sv6 has different suspension.
The 3.0 has enough power to keep you happy for a v6.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I think the SV6 has FE2 suspension so should be firmer and handle a bit better.
To me the 3.6 just feels a bit more lively. The 3.0 feels like it's labouring a bit more when going about it's business.