Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrading VE Stock Speakers - How To

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by boneart, Feb 6, 2011.

1. gomax

gomax Member

Members Ride:
    sv6
  2. Xplaya

Xplaya Active Member

Members Ride:
    HSV
    Curious did you do a before and after test? With the speakers and stock system, and then adding the Sony system?
    Am thinking about that Sony amp you quote, as I like the sound of plug n play. But I do have a amp I can use, do you know if the harness itself is for sale? Where I could just plug it up to my aftermarket amp?

3. It's Me

It's Me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS-V
    New to this forum so any advice would be appreciated, I'm currently fitting alpine s-s65 (rears) and s-s65c (fronts) speakers in my doors and the grills I got are to big for the Holden grill spots, is there a way in which I can make these fit without damaging the leather on the doors? I put the rears in today but noticed the grills that came with them don't fit where the stock grill is, so I didn't attempt to fit them.

Also, are the front door speakers just plug ins to the stock wires? Or do I have to make new clips like I had to with the rears?

Cheers.

4. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    Most people just use the factory grilles . The wires on the front are the same as the rears . If the fronts are component speakers you will have to unclip the covers on the dash to install the small component speakers . Best advise is read this thread from start to finish to give you a better understanding . Also removing the centre speaker in the middle of the dash will make a big improvement sound wise .

5. It's Me

It's Me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS-V
    Cheers, I noticed when I took the fronts out of the box before that the speaker wire has plugs on both ends whereas the rears only had a plugs on one end and loose wire on the other. I removed the centre dash speaker the other day, also have tweeters to go in.