Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrading VF Calais V wheels to 20".... Load quieries for tyres???

tf015

tf015
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Holden Calais V VF
Hey Guys,
I'm New to this forum, so sorry if you have covered this before.

I have just purchased a 2013 Holden Calais V VF V8. I'm not a huge fan of the current wheels so I am looking to upgrade to 20" wheels.

My first question is:
1) I know the tyres standard are 245/40R19's 19"x8" +48 but what are the Load ratings??? eg. 98W - I was told by Bob Jane that the Calais V needs to have 100W/Y Load rated tyres. Is this correct?

I am having alot of problems trying to find a tyre thats 255/35R20 with High load ratings. 98 +

2) The tyres I am looking to purchase are between Advanti Verona 20"x8.5" +45 wheels & G8 F Series 20"x8.5" +42 wheels. Will a 265/35R20 99Y fit on the rim, or will it over hang way to much & will many places wanna fit them?

I'm thinking if the width of the wheel is 203mm (8") wheel and 245mm tyre as standard only has a 21mm each side over hang compared to new wheel and tyres 215mm (8.5") and the width of the tyre is 265mm thats 25mm each side over hang. thats only an increase of 4mm, maybe wont be a problem.

But if load rating is goin to be an issue, what would be the widest tyre i could really go up to on a 8.5" wide wheel. and someone would be happy to install. Also needs to stay legal.

Thanks for your help in advance

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
why dont you just buy 19s?

yes all Holden VFs need higher load ratings (check your tyre placard inside the drivers door) VF HSV wheels and tyres wont met the Holden VF load ratings.

I would contact BK performance (a site sponsor) and get there 255 load rated tyres. Read this thread they posted around the VF release https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/load-rated-tyre-vf.220244

ihavesoldout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I bought HSV20's staggered. I bought 255s from BK performance and could only find 285/30/20 that met all load requirements and rolling diameter requirements.

I am having issues with the BK performance tyres whistling at high speeds but not sure if I'm the only one, and they are the only tyre that is correctly load rated.

tf015

tf015
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Holden Calais V VF
I have just been informed that you can buy Genuine 20" HSV or HSVi Wheels and HSV will give you a placard to put onto your vehicle allowing you to have tyres of 245/35R20 95w & above. Holden have approved this is the only way they will be able to be legal.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I have just been informed that you can buy Genuine 20" HSV or HSVi Wheels and HSV will give you a placard to put onto your vehicle allowing you to have tyres of 245/35R20 95w & above. Holden have approved this is the only way they will be able to be legal.

That's illegal and would require an engineers cert. to be legal just an FYI. Unless its factory optioned like it I wouldn't swap tyre placards at home (weather Holden or HSV issued me it or not)