Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uploading Files

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
For some time now, since the new forum, I have received the error message "There was a problem uploading your file", when I try and upload a file to the reply on a thread. The files are generally PDF files and I had assumed that the files were too large to load onto the forum. However, today I tried to load a file that was only 65k and it still failed. Is there a size limit on a file upload or have I exceeded some other capacity limit that I'm not aware of?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Interesting just having a quick look at this, both your permissions and mine are 5MB and pdfs are certainly allowed so will need to use a test account which has the same permissions are yourself as a test to see what happens.

I really dislike that error not helpful in the slightest.

Will have more of a look shortly.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Sorry I didn't get back to you last night on this one, updated a test account with the same access as your account, to this thread I uploaded a 2.3MB file without any problems, it was the biggest I could find after a few minutes of trawling through.

This was using Internet Explorer.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Many thanks for your time and effort Darren. Looks like it's a Firefox or configuration problem. When I used IE the file uploaded fine, same as you determined in your test.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
There is a niggling issue with file size and dimension compatibility, basically even with all upload criteria met it still rejects.
Mentioned here.