Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT 2001 vx manual idle problem

Carguy/Aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6 manual
Im looking for help as my 2001 vx V6 5 speed manual idles higher then normal, when started it idles at about 1500 for a bit even with clutch fully pushed in, several mechanics cant seem to help and it has me confused can anyone of you help me, i will give more details if needed

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Give us those extra details and maybe someone can help. For instance, does it idle back to normal after a "bit" and if so how long does that take? What things have you already tried?

Carguy/Aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6 manual
it tends to take a few minutes before it idles back to normal, i havent tried much besides cleaning the idle sensor, and it has now started to occasionally do it while i drive the car too, when i first start it up and it idles high i turn it off then turn back on and it either goes away or continues to idle high so i just repeat that and it tends to go away after turning it off twice

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Are any error codes showing? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and allowing the computer to reset? Make sure you have your radio security code before you do if it still has the factory sound system.

Carguy/Aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6 manual
i have tried disconnecting the battery and it didnt do anything
and it is a factory 5 speed