Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

urgent car died after installing rockers

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Mace have the 1.98, for less than Fit, i also think they may include the rods like YT. Anything above 1.9 definately need rods. Also turn the engine by hand to check for movement.

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
well just tried to install again with the 5/16's pushrods and stll wont start no movement or any thing is there a special trick to it... its really pissing me of now

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
just fitted some mace 1.98 rockers to my dads car and had no problem at all so why dont mine work still?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
There could be something wrong with the rockers. They may not be lifting at all, or not enough as previous posters have mentioned to allow enough fuel in. Chuck the Mace 1.98 on your car, then you will know which it is for sure......

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
There could be something wrong with the rockers. They may not be lifting at all, or not enough as previous posters have mentioned to allow enough fuel in. Chuck the Mace 1.98 on your car, then you will know which it is for sure......

is there another way of telling because i really dont want to pull apart my dads car again

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Well this is interesting... if the rockers work in your dad's car... then they are fine...

You're dads car is a VT right? Does it happen to have LESS kilometers than you're by any chance?

My suggestion of this point is to put the rockers in your car... leave the rocker covers off one bank... and get someone to turnit over with the fuel pump fuse out and the plug leads disconnected so it doesn't start up on you...

See that all the rockers are workin on that bank... not sticking, lifting properly... ect.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ide say they are keeping the valves open when they should be closed might need some spacers under the rockers

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
ide say they are keeping the valves open when they should be closed might need some spacers under the rockers

i tried the spacers spoke to steve from mace but still no good, hes going to have a look at the rockers for me..

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Bad luck mate... this should have been a easy plug and play mod... shame it's causing you so much grief.

Keep us posted...

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
good news! steve from mace had a look at my rockers to make sure theres nothing wrong..It turns out that my pedestals arnt the right ones, so that will be keeping my valves open or shut. So i bought some new ones hopefully they come by the weekend and ill give it a go again..Highly recommend MACE there really helpfully good guys to deal with..