Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent!! Had to call in sick because of it.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
how about a passport and rego papers? does he need to have his drivers license or just a form of identity?

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
you dont need to break anything - dont listen to anyone that tells you that you do.
take your VIN to the nearest Holden dealer (along with proof of ownership) and ask for the Key Code.
take the code to any locksmith and ask them to cut a key - $28.
take that key and put it in the drivers door and turn.
your car is now open WITHOUT breaking anything.

You dont need to buy the fob or have the key programmed or anything like that either - you just need the key for the door.

Keep in mind that he is apparently 60km out of town. And if he couldnt go to work because he couldnt get into his car - i would say he wouldnt be able to go to a holden dealer and locksmith aswell. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Listen to Reaper and his picture of bricks.

vtmomentum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6
nrma can unlock the car even if it is dead locked happened to me once in my vt s2 he jumped 2 connections on the door lock auactor took him about 10 min to do it he had 2 long metal rods about 3-4MM in dia they were joined by a cable, wedged the passenger window so he could see down there and jumped 2 terminals the car unlocked im not sure what terminals but the car was full deadlocked and he saved me a window woo hoo for nrma

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
how about a passport and rego papers? does he need to have his drivers license or just a form of identity?

Any form of Identification, as long as its endorsed by the government which issued it, and it has a photograph, and an address. the reasoning behind this is because they need to check your identity against the rego papers and also against thier Holden Data Entry System

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
nrma can unlock the car even if it is dead locked happened to me once in my vt s2 he jumped 2 connections on the door lock auactor took him about 10 min to do it he had 2 long metal rods about 3-4MM in dia they were joined by a cable, wedged the passenger window so he could see down there and jumped 2 terminals the car unlocked im not sure what terminals but the car was full deadlocked and he saved me a window woo hoo for nrma

If your going to call out the NRMA and your not a member make sure you join first down at the shopping centre....because if you join when you call them out without being a member they will charge you heaps more to join on the side of the road/home.

It's all about money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've been burnt before NRMA, RACQ, RACV their all the same.

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Most cars comes with 2 keys, try to find the other one, or if you bought it off someone, ring them and ask if they still have the spare.

I got locked out too.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
Happened to me too the other night. Took the dog for a drive to return Dvds and she stood on the driver door lock which locked everything.
I left the keys in the ignition because I was only going a few metres away.
I had to go into the video shop and tell them the dog locked me out of the car so I could use their phone to call my dad.. he really wasn't impressed. I took a pic while I was waiting.

4443_83920020741_685320741_1687861_.jpg

When my exs car was stolen (his keys were in the ignition in a mates driveway) we had to go get new keys cut. A lot easier than trying to break in..