Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent!! Had to call in sick because of it.

orreal511

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
I was hopeing someone knows how to get into a vt exec while its locked. Last night i was moving house and locked my car, opened my boot to get stuff out and locked my wallet and car key in there as well. Is there any way to get in buy pulling the boot cable to make it open or something tricky like that. Or do i have to get racq to come 60km out of town.

Cheers.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the only way is to break into it & pop the boot

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I'd get the RACQ to come out rather than break a window, even if it is 60km
that's what you pay for, I am sure they would know how to open it.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
you dont need to break anything - dont listen to anyone that tells you that you do.
take your VIN to the nearest Holden dealer (along with proof of ownership) and ask for the Key Code.
take the code to any locksmith and ask them to cut a key - $28.
take that key and put it in the drivers door and turn.
your car is now open WITHOUT breaking anything.

You dont need to buy the fob or have the key programmed or anything like that either - you just need the key for the door.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
IS12005.jpg

Reaper

M

mwb235

Hey! Reaper that looks like a pair of late 80's mobile phones :D

The NRMA can unlock the car IF it hasn't been deadlocked (i.e. key turned in lock barrel on VT series 1, or lock button pressed twice with VT 2 and on), but they can't unlock it if it has. At least that's how it was for VR's when i did the same thing and had to call them out - fortunately my VR wasn't deadlocked but. I have no idea if this applies to VT/VX's though (i haven't managed to lock my keys in my VT yet but give me time).

Davway's suggestion sounds better but.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
you dont need to break anything - dont listen to anyone that tells you that you do.
take your VIN to the nearest Holden dealer (along with proof of ownership) and ask for the Key Code.
take the code to any locksmith and ask them to cut a key - $28.
take that key and put it in the drivers door and turn.
your car is now open WITHOUT breaking anything.

You dont need to buy the fob or have the key programmed or anything like that either - you just need the key for the door.

I had to do this, i just had to provide the Rego Papers, my Drivers Licence and go and get the key from holden, (i had the security key code already) holden actually gave me a cut key already.
best part is i now have a spare key (even though i cant start the car with it i have a spare key)

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
I had to do this, i just had to provide the Rego Papers, my Drivers Licence and go and get the key from holden, (i had the security key code already) holden actually gave me a cut key already.
best part is i now have a spare key (even though i cant start the car with it i have a spare key)

seeing as he needs his drivers liscence, that would be a problem, seeing as its most likely in his wallet, in the boot,