Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent help needed!!!!

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Comon its not that bad ... jesus give the car some slack ...

A few minor things and it should be legal and roadworthy again ....

Cut some slack.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
hmmmm maybe we can use slinkys as springs and paper marche the guards since they been cut lool

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
sounds like buggered clutch to me :p

put it in 5th with the handbrake on, then go to take off and if it doesn't wanna stall instantly you're up for a clutch

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Luke, i take off in any gear and it dont take off ... a mate of mine who was with me at the time said try getting into 2nd with no clutch .... didnt grind or anything so there must be something stopping the revs of the engine from meeting the gearbox. Meaning that the clutch has gone, and it wouldnt put it past me that the diff has gone too...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
sounds just like my clutch, it slipped a little when you abused it, came around the corner into my street one day. dropped it into 2nd, popped the clutch and revved it expecting to hang it out sideways and all i got was lots of revs, thinking i'd missed the gear i tried again, more revs. anyway i had just enough bite left in the clutch to get it up the drive way. when i dropped the box out i found the clutch pressure plate spring had cracked right accross between 2 of the release fingers. drop the box and see, either way that box has gotta come outa the car anywas. drain the oil outa the box too and see if there are any bit of gear teeth in it. when you cnage the gearbox oil it also pays to do the diff oil as well, everybody seems to forget about this but as you have a welded diff i suggest you fix this whilst your at it also:bang:

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Yeah i hope to get a second hand diff from the wreckers as the centre would be rodney rooted from the welding procedure and since it broke before i got it, i assume there it metal deposits in the diff, causing damage to the diff teeth aswell .... would be better to get a second hand diff than stuff around with the old one ..... The clutch kit including flywheel reface and the new forks on the box will cost 500 :thumbsup:. So thats 500 that i have to spend on the car to get it partially drivable again. I hope it aint anything else.

Gearbox and diff oil you say?? done!!, will drain the diff oil when it arrives in my yard from the wreckers, and also when the box is out i will drain that too :) all new stuff? Any reccomended oil brands? Anything to replace? I hope to go minispooled later on,would this affect the type of oil used? Should i get the minispool fitted before i put the axle in, or get a pro to fit it into the car after its fitted?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
forget the minispool if you drive it on the road, get a good lsd instead, it'll drive much nicer. holden lsd is ok, go for the KAAZ lsd if you got the coin however as i hear many good things about it. as for the oil, in the VN T5 box holden recommended a special oil, however in the later model T5 box holden have used dexron II same as the autos so go figure??? i've got dexron III in mine and haven't had any problems with it so far and it's been 18 months since i last changed it however i do suspect that the dexron can't get rid of the heat as well as regular gearbox oil

have a read of this for more on the diff etc.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=42543

4PLAYN

Reaction score
I dont drive far on the road and for long distances i have my old ladies car to drive (VN Manual) so its planned out so to speak .... LSD is around 700-2000 mini spool is 100-150 .... which one would you get on a limited budget?