Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent help pls

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
so guys if i get a mild cam do i have to get a better intake manifold if so then what sort?

this is the set up im after or getting next week:

full exhaust(headers, high flow cat, cat back (twin 2 1/2)
CAI (ss induction) K&N filter
Mild Cam package including custom tune
dif gears- what should i get or best suited? want faster acceleration n not worried bout top speed so is 3.7 good?

ok headers, high flow cat, mild cam package and custom tune im quoted just a bit over 4k fitted
NOW MY BUDGET IS 5 TO 6K so any advice in what to do or prices bout the dif gears n intake. PLS what is best to do i dont wanna go to the mechanic on Tuesday n get rip of coz i have no idea what to do. URGENT HELP PLS

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
If your budget is 5k and you've spent 4k so far, you'll never get a decent intake done. For a good low-rise dual plane manifold, plus all ancilliaries, you're looking at close to $3000 fitted. So forget it :)

Just enjoy the car for what it is, and be thankful you didn't buy a bigger cam ^_^

Are you doing any work on compression?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If the cam is just right (say 210-213 degrees duration), it'll work well with the banana manifold

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
yessss sir!!! finally got my car back after 3 weeks of absolute depression lol. anyway from 139.6rwkw its now 192.3rwkw and damnnn i can definitely tell u guys that its like i just bought a new car. Its completely different n definitely worth the money ive spent. Only real problem is its really loud when u plant ur foot down u will be heard in ur entire street. But gotta luv that idle sound, now i finally feel that i drive a v8 lol.

Headers (difilippo's)
high flow cats
twin 2 1/2 cat back
ss induction with K&N filter
Cam Package n custom tune
Stall converter (2280)
Stage 3 shift kit plus corvette servo and super hold servo
diff package (3.73)
NGK spark plugs n leads

Not sure on the exact specs of the cam coz i didnt really pay much attention when i was reading it (stupid me) but i know its like 220 or such duration and apparently its got a high lift. its a Wade cams.
Overall im very impressed and happy.

HSV472

i just got one
Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vr clubsport
where did you get your work done ?
good power your making now:thumbsup:

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
dynomotive in bayswater, look for mark the owner. good bloke, took their time but for the better atleast.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
yessss sir!!! finally got my car back after 3 weeks of absolute depression lol. anyway from 139.6rwkw its now 192.3rwkw and damnnn i can definitely tell u guys that its like i just bought a new car. Its completely different n definitely worth the money ive spent. Only real problem is its really loud when u plant ur foot down u will be heard in ur entire street. But gotta luv that idle sound, now i finally feel that i drive a v8 lol.

Headers (difilippo's)
high flow cats
twin 2 1/2 cat back
ss induction with K&N filter
Cam Package n custom tune
Stall converter (2280)
Stage 3 shift kit plus corvette servo and super hold servo
diff package (3.73)
NGK spark plugs n leads

Not sure on the exact specs of the cam coz i didnt really pay much attention when i was reading it (stupid me) but i know its like 220 or such duration and apparently its got a high lift. its a Wade cams.
Overall im very impressed and happy.

See if you can find out what grind it was because those are some good numbers your making

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
yes green ill try n get it. he showed me the order form n all the specs of it b4 when he ordered the cam but like what i said i didnt pay much attention to it coz he's pretty str8 forward guy n tells u exactly what u need n what u dont so let say i trusted him well so far it paid off. what i can surely say though is i know that it is custom grind to how he wanted it. he told me earlier b4 the work that the specs will be based on them. 52.7rwkw increase i will take that everyday lol. btw its tuned to 98octane too