Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

urgent help rattle with new cussioned brass button clutch

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais,vk calais padock basher
i just installed my cussioned brass button clutch from hardcore clutches, no its got a knock that goes away once the clutch peddle is slightly touched, you hear it when its driveing i have only done 2.5km on it and i just want to make sure its not something serious, could it just be clutch chatter?

throw out bearing has been replaced, flywheel was machined, all bolts are done up to spec.

tim

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
is there little rubbers on the 2 little pins on the clutch fork? cos if theres not or if they are a bit worn it will cause a rattle

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
so its ok to drive on still and drop the box out after i got some money back?

need the car 3 days a week and ille inquire bout the rubbers.

it didnt rattle with the old clutch in it sounds like something is flopping around in there.

tim

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
if that is the problem then it is fine to drive around on as far as i know, it will just **** you more than anything.

the little rubbers are about $20 for 2 from holden, did you install the clutch yourself? can you remember the little rubbers being there?

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I replaced the rubber stops in my clutch fork and they flogged out again within a month.

my fix? put the fork in a vice and press it in til it just grips the thrust bearing

Today i replaced the clutch in my VN. put it all back together, and when i started the car it was making a tapping noise (like tapping a tin can lightly on the pavement). Turns out the dust cover on the front of the 'box was just touching the flywheel

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes did the clutch myself and yes remember those little rubbers, its just strange that it wasnt making any sound to making a sound with the new clutch in. i also have noticed that the pick up for the clutch is a fair way out do i adkust the nut on the other side of the clutch fork in or out to make it pick up lower to the floor?

tim

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
should be able to adjust pedal height at the clutch fork hook (where the cable hooks on to the fork)

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
and when i adjust it to pick up half decent the peddle is at the wrong height.