Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent help required! VQ Statesman stereo install!

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Pulled it all apart, got sold adapters for a VN and a generic Holden adapter, I have plugged it all in to the adapter for the JVC head unit and..... No sound from the rear speakers only from the front. Whats stranger is i look at the wiring, i have tan, grey, green and light green, and thats it. No neg wiring it seems which compared to my VR which had both neg and pos speaker wiring it leaves me with absolutely no clue what to do with this to make it all work. Help needed asap as i am losing my mind.

Should i just cut my losses and run all new wiring from headunit to the speakers and be done with it?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
what are the rest of the wires mate?

Tan and Grey are passenger front door
Green and Light Green are driver front door

Have a look at the VK-VZ stereo wiring colours to find the missing wires. Higher end calais and statos often had a different plud which would have the wires in the wrong location for you.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Yeah i just had a thought. So those 4 wires are the front speakers, and the rear speakers i believe in the statesmans were attached to an amp, which is why there is a big black plug that was in the Line In plug on the original headunit. So i guess i really have to ask how do i get my JVC head unit to work with that black plug which i assume will run to the amp and run the rear speakers, as my head unit has the red and white plugs on it for an amp.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Someone in another thread wrote:
"line input on the amp is a thick black wire (consisting of blu brown black white and i think red wire and an aerial) ? wires are very tiny compared to speaker wire)"

But never got a solution to the problem, which sounds like the same one i am having.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
My friend thinks that the built in amp in my headunit will be enough, that i should bugger off the other amp and just run the speakers straight through. And here i thought i was having an easy install haha.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
yip just run new wires down the passenger side of the car , did ya try tracing the wires back from the back speakers to see where they end up ,also the colour of the wire connected to them.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Cant get to the parcel shelf, VQ rear seat is a total f**king prick to pull out and so far no luck no matter how many different guides i read it doesnt want to budge.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
thick black wire on the back of the headunit? Terminates to a round right angle plug? Though that was factory stacker.

Before running any wires.... check that these are in the plug in a different location.
Rear Left (+) - Brown/Black
Rear Left (-) - Yellow/Blue
Rear Right (+) - Blue/Orange
Rear Right (-) - Blue/Black