Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT HELP!!! Where does this hose connect to??

VERTINA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina s1
Tools her for a drive, she felt awesome but on the way up a very steep hill she felt like she was farting a bit, so went up a back street (I live in the country) as it did a tiny bit of the putting just after and smashed her up n down a long Rd to See if it's pushing air out of the system, it's stopped doing it now but am gonna wait and go for another drive after I get the kids from school.
Would it be likely that there is a bit of air that was in the system that has to be pushed out or bled out?

VERTINA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina s1
Also if the hose has been off for a while (towards the end of January is when she started being a bitch lol) would that block or clog the charcoal canister? As I have another VT I'm stripping it's just in the city so am thinking maybe I should replace it or swap it? What's ur opinion? Thanks heaps for ur help and time, and sorry to if u with questions ur just the first person to actually get me somewhere lol!!! Will keep driving her soon, the farting /putting it did after was nowhere near as bad as it was and stopped after I punched the accelerator a few times hence thinking air needs to be pushed out, and it would stop and start driving normal where as before once she starting putting I had to turn the engine off and start her again and 8/10 times shed keep doing it straight off the bat and the idle would be rough as guts, def didn't feel like that now though.
Cheers again mate

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Nah honestly don't think it really matters, charcoal canister is only to reduce fuel smell. but really shouldn't affect how the car runs only unless theirs a leak.
Sorry. Can't really help much more. Could be a problem else where. Hard to diagnose over the internet haha. the black module where the hose was loose, is called CANISTER PURGE CONTROL SOLENOID. that may cause problems. so might be worth swapping over.
Good luck :)

D

devilly

all i can say is zippy lock them on, or carefully use ring clamps :)

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Canister purge solenoid......
Top hose closest to the electrical plug connects to the hard plastic tube. Which is the bottom hose and thinnest of the three fuel related lines.
Bottom hose connects to manifold vacuum........Simples.