Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent need help!!

Fletchyboy91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series 2
Hey guys I have a stock vt with 17" rims and just purchased king spring lows all round and monroe gt shocks because I've been told they make a comfier ride.
Will changing my springs to super lows all round mean I have to change shocks so the shocks don't get smashed and I still have a comfy ride? I just want to go one more lower with no hassles or complications
Thanks people!

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
If you go to the monroe website you can download the catalog and it will tell you what shockys for what springs

Super lows = No comfy ride anymore

Fletchyboy91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series 2
Sorry mate but I posted on here so people could reply with answers not so I would have to go looking for them. Maybe there is another Monroe gas strut I could swap for to suit?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
super lows = billy cart ride. for those too young to know what that is, a little wooden platform with steel ball bearing wheels which made bits of gravel on roads feel like boulders. Lots of fun though. By the way, the ram inside the shocky is a different size for super lows. Pedders and others will help. We don't know exactly what ride you are looking for but it won't be comfy unless you have a very resilient spine, hence no real suggestions for type or model. You will have to go to the suspension people to buy the shockies, get the experts opinion there.
I just did a search on this site. Lots of info there and you can stay indoors

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...modore-1997-2002/159691-urgent-need-help.html

Last edited:

VN SV5000

1 Crazy Car Enthusiest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 355 WAGON MANUAL!!
yea superlows may be ok but in the long run just remember that your also going to have to do the camber kit too. irs commodores are shocking. the old lady has a vx super6 and thats on sl springs with pedders shocks feels good to drive but the tyre wear is sh*t house.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Standard shocks in rear + super low springs + big bump in road = springs falling out of car.

:)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sorry mate but I posted on here so people could reply with answers not so I would have to go looking for them. Maybe there is another Monroe gas strut I could swap for to suit?

He's given you somewhere to go find the exact info you need yourself. Why dont you just click one more link and not be so lazy?

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i hate lazy people. i just want to have everything done for me. lower the car and its ride will be hard. its obvious. no spring travel means it rides like a skateboard.