Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent plz help big problem car accident

scatterybrane_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi guys,
Just woke up today. Didnt know that goin to start a bad day. First day of job and was goin to wash the car to give a good impression. But unfortunately had and accident on princess highway while i was giving way to the side cars. I was standing after another car and a car came at my back at speed and f***ed up my car. I was pushed forward and hit another car in front. Now guess what i have gt no insurance as just gt the car like a month before. The driver at by back got insurance and we exchanged the details. The front driver got a minor paint damage on the bumper. Can u guys plz help me what should i do as i gt no idea how to deal with these kind of matter as i never had an accident in my life. First experience LOL.. Plz help any suggestions.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
lol pay to fix or fix his car yourself doubt he will want that tho? what type of car was it?

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
The car at the rear is always in the wrong no matter what

chase the car that run up your ass and pass his details on to the bloke you hit make sure you call the insurance mob of the bloke that hit you and tell them every thing that happend and it will go from there good luck and I hope you sort it out

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
In that kind of situation, what would normally happen is the guy you hit would claim the damage from you, then you would claim that, plus the damage to your vehicle from the guy who hit you.

Suggest calling the insurer for the guy who hit you and seeing what they say about it.

As for you not having insurance, there is no excuse. You can buy insurance in advance, so if you know you're buying a car next week, you can purchase insurance now, with the start date of next week. You're a bloody idiot for driving around without it.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
As for you not having insurance, there is no excuse. You can buy insurance in advance, so if you know you're buying a car next week, you can purchase insurance now, with the start date of next week. You're a bloody idiot for driving around without it.

True. I had my VZ insured before I even drove it out of the dealer.

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
If you were stationary, it is the guy behind you who is at fault.
If you were moving you are at fault for the damage you did to the car in front.
You may need a witness to say you were stationary.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If it was me, and I was cash-strapped - I'd go to the Clerk of Court (at the court-house) and ask his/her advice about writing a letter of demand to the insurance company of the car that hit you.
The Clerk of Court is a trained legal person who can advise you on minor matters and assist you in drafting a letter of demand. Best part is that this service is that it's free.
Re insurance, the cheapest is Third Party Property Damage Only (TPPDO) insurance. It can cost as little as $120 a year in Qld (AAMI) and covers you for whatever damage you do to other person's property. You can also get a fire and theft extension for a bit more.
Hope it turns out OK after a bad day.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
I used to be a motor claims officer with a large insurer.
And was also in your position which led me to gettting my first Commodore last year.

The car who hit you is liable for ALL damage to all of the parties UNLESS you hit the car in front of you first. Which from what you have said isnt the case.

I was insured and because I technically hit the car in front of me, my excess was held until the guy behind me admitted fault or his insurer did. All went through fine, my car was a write off but the insurance was paid out.

So I take it you all swapped details. Did the police attend? If so call them and get the incident(report) number from them. I know the guy who hit me got fined for following too closely.

What might happen is the person you got pushed into's insurer may send you a letter holding you responsible. Call them and pass on the details of the driver behind you. But also draw up a letter of demand to the other driver to pass onto his insurer and attach a copy of the letter you received from the car in front of you insurer.

If you havent finalised this already, PM me and I can type up a draft Letter of Demand for you to print off and send. And keep at the other guys insurer too so they dont drag their feet.

Good Luck and hope your neck and back are ok? My shoulder still gives me grief when I do long drives now since my accident of this type in November last year. Like you, I was hit from behind at speed and pushed into the ute/trailer in front.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
Whoops replied to this one again instead of other thread.

Last edited:

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
Mate these guys have all given you good advise.
Get your self checked out by a doctor to and claim that as well.
A rear end impact even a small one can do damage to you.