Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent plz help big problem car accident

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Would he have been ok if he had 3rd party insurance?

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
Yes that will be a write off. If you get the smash repairer to do you a quote he will put it in writing and you send that to the other guys insurance and they will send you a cheque for the car. Then you may be able to wreck the car for parts. Unless the insurer who pays you out takes ownership of the car. But generally your own insurer does that to recover costs. Im not sure third party insurers do. If you have any rego left on your car, get the write off note from the smash repairs and take the plates off and take them into vicroads and cancel the rego and they will refund you the rego left on it.

And yes please when you get your next car get some insurance on it. Third party fire and theft is only about $30 a month comp on these cars is about $60 +. Depending on your rating. My cars have always been insured before driving out of the caryard as you never know what will happen and both accidents Ive had have been literally 5 minutes from home.
Just saves you a lot of stress. Good Luck with it and if you need help, give me a yell. Im in Vic western suburbs and happy to help you any way I can.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
Would he have been ok if he had 3rd party insurance?

No. You would still be needing to go through this same process by sending a letter of demand unless the car who hit them had no insurance, then there is an "uninsured motorist extension" on the policy. This covers you for up to $5k I think? It covers you if someone uninsured writes off your car.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
for prices on what the car is worth Car Prices - Search Car Prices & Values Online - Red Book is the place to look.
Don't take a letter to vic roads saying it is a rigth off as if you try to sell it you will get less for it.
Once it is declared as a wreak if someone fixes it then they have to pay for a inspection. about $450 here in QLD for the inspection. For a reason for cancelling it try nolonger needing it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
still no excuse. Don't drive the car until it is insured. not just for your sake, but for the sake of others on the road.

It takes 10 - 20 minutes to buy insurance.

Yeah, seriously.... in the time you've spent on this thread you could have bought insurance ten times over. Stop making excuses, just do it next time!

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
Yeah kinda think they get the point by now Danja.

Ya know like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted and all that. :hit:

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
i can sell you my wifes VR 'S' with brand spanking new 18's for $3800 because your car is a write off for sure.