Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT PROBLEM!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have that exact same problem it used to annoy me before my dog died as he would want to go outside and kill it. move on a year after the dog died the cat still sits in my yard. I got over it as its not hurting anything my cars are shitheaps covered in mud so it wont sit on them I could ring the council and they will set up cages and trap it and make the owner bail it out .
Why does it bother you so much ?

Because occasionally I need to weed the garden and I hate coming across cat ****. I don't have a cat and so see no reason to live the with consequences of owning a cat. When I was younger and living at home we had a cat but you never saw cat **** on the lawn or in the garden. A good cat is a very clean animal, these cats are not.

Many years ago our old neighbours had a cat, she ruled the neighbourhood and patrolled our properly like it was her own but never in the years that she was here did we ever have issues with cat **** on our property. I miss that cat, she was more like a dog in many ways.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There are a number of sprays, both home made and store bought, that can be effective.

Have a google of "cat deterrent spray" and choose your poison.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
images (1).jpeg

This is how i deter cats

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
As much as I'd love to have a dog around the place it's not an option unfortunately.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Because occasionally I need to weed the garden and I hate coming across cat ****. I don't have a cat and so see no reason to live the with consequences of owning a cat. When I was younger and living at home we had a cat but you never saw cat **** on the lawn or in the garden. A good cat is a very clean animal, these cats are not.

Many years ago our old neighbours had a cat, she ruled the neighbourhood and patrolled our properly like it was her own but never in the years that she was here did we ever have issues with cat **** on our property. I miss that cat, she was more like a dog in many ways.

Your childhood cat was probably shitting on your neighbours lawn doing their head in.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Check your council regarding pet rules, then talk to your neighbour. If they fail to follow the rules report them. At least give them a chance to do the right thing.

Most Vic councils, owners need to keep their pets inside overnight.

Or
As said cats hate water, BB guns will deter for a while, or possem traps and a long bath

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You need to buy/get a loan of a cat trap cage.
Set it up in the evening, and when the cat is in it take it to the local animal pound.
It will be checked if it's been chipped, and if it is the owner will be contacted.
If not it will be held at the pound for some time, looked after and perhaps sold off.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Your childhood cat was probably shitting on your neighbours lawn doing their head in.

Possible but not likely. Both our neighbours had dogs that freely roamed their respective yards and we lived next to a farm with a double lined 1 meter wide fence so the cows wouldn't be able to reach into the properly line. Cats are normally very secretive and hide/bury their business unlike the cats around here. She loved going out into the fields and playing with the field mice.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Hose, super soaker etc.

We had similar, neighbours let them roam at night, couldn't give two shits. Talking to neighbours didn't get me anywhere. Ended up with scratched cars and the cats spraying everywhere.

Guy up the road used to trap them and dump them in the Brisbane River. I can't do that.

There was a persistent one that the hose wouldn't work on. I borrowed old mates cat trap, trapped it and emptied a bottle of fabric dye on it (was a light coloured cat so the black worked really well) and then let it go. Never saw it again. I reckon the owner got a bit of shock when it wandered back into their house.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I hear asprin in milk is a good deterrant......Never tried it though because all the feral cats around my area generally end up going for a long drive, once caught in a cat trap, jump my fence and don't get out alive or end up part of the road surface..

One place I lived at, I had 2 staffy's.....Told my neighbour to keep control of her cat, as it used to sit on top of an 8 foot fence, stirring the dogs up and if my dogs got hold of it, she would get the cat back in pieces.

Well one day, the cat did it's usual stupid thing and I just happened to see my male staffy go full pelt at the fence...I stopped the dogs after both of them played tug of war....I knocked on the neighbours door and gave the neighbour the cardboard box, with her cat inside.

I did get a visit from the council soon after about it, but I told them, the cat got into my yard and my dogs were protecting their property, so tough titties. The council employee could see there was no way the dogs could have gotten out, so that was that....