Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT PROBLEM!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd love to go that way but the closest 22 rimfire (silenced) tool I have access too is a 3 hour drive north so that is out of the question atm :(

Some great idea's though. Once we are allowed to travel and the shops are open I'll have to investigate the various mechanical and chemical options suggested...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Someone I knew put food in a homemade rabbit trap from chicken wire once the go in they cant go back, then he just filled up the wheelie bin half with water and then placed the trap with cat in the bin and closed the lid.
You can also try special treats with rat poison, I hope your neighbour is not reading this, lol.

Catgut just stuck from the bloody poms who thought kitgut meant cat, it was called kitgut or kitstring, yes google told me..
Something like this?
WgThlTo.jpg

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
I heard that citronella oil sprayed around keeps them away for a few days. I never got to try it, seems I left some rat poison bait (containing Bromethalin) on the roof of my car by accident and the little bastard that climbs all over my car at night stopped coming over forever.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
I heard that citronella oil sprayed around keeps them away for a few days. I never got to try it, seems I left some rat poison bait (containing Bromethalin) on the roof of my car by accident and the little bastard that climbs all over my car at night stopped coming over forever.

Yer any citric acid deters cats but aint permanent, smell/oil usually evaporates rather quickly.

A eco solution that works for cats that horticulturalists use is pet plastic 2 litre bottles half full of water placed flat anywhere in garden. as the water evaporates it realises the plastic gas and cats can't handle it. Its cheap, refillable and last ages.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
If I ever caught anyone drowning or poisoning animals, their fate will be the same.

If any of you here have heard the effect of bait/poison on an animal, and are still indifferent, you belong in the ground.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Teach it swimming with a lead life jacket.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Weld your doors shut and use the snorkel. The Dukes of hazzard will clap for you.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
cats don't eat poison baits, there smell is very acute, tons better than even a drug/bomb dog, it didn't leave because of the baits. Be very careful if you have pet dogs, because being garbage guts they will eat anything even obvious poison like slug pellets

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
cats don't eat poison baits, there smell is very acute, tons better than even a drug/bomb dog, it didn't leave because of the baits. Be very careful if you have pet dogs, because being garbage guts they will eat anything even obvious poison like slug pellets

If you train you dogs, they only eat what they are surposed to eat...Not everything as you insinuate....Also, feeding the dogs everyday, they aren't garbage guts as you insinuate...

My staffy will only eat what she is given.....She also has food left over the next day when I go to give her more food the next day. Comes from being fed everyday

So time you learnt how to train a dog, so you aren't speaking crap

Oh and still waiting for my engine rip off merchant

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I guess it depends on the dog. My brother has a dog that was trained to find food but it failed the last test and he ended up taking him home instead. It will find food and eat it everywhere because that is what it was trained to do but failed because it had poor control. Such is life but a wonderful animal non the less.

I find many people don't train dogs properly, a badly behaved dog says more about the owner than the dog in most instances.