Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT PROBLEM!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So I've got a major issue (I recommend cat lovers stop reading at this point).

We don't have pets (my missus hates em) but I have a serious problem with the neighbours cats shitting in my garden and even on the lawn out the front of my place. I need to stop this happening.

Shooting cats is out of the question (because it's just to bloody obvious) and I don't have access to the required hardware.

What are your solutions to stop this problem (prefer permanent solutions!) ?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
report the cat owner to the council. the onus is on the owner to to not allow their animal to wander.

cats don't like hoses or popup sprinklers btw.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
report the cat owner to the council. the onus is on the owner to to not allow their animal to wander.

cats don't like hoses or popup sprinklers btw.

^^ Just on your porch chair with a hose like a bad ass. Will only take a couple of high powered squirts before it learns.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I have a serious problem with the neighbours cats shitting in my garden and even on the lawn out the front of my place.
I have that exact same problem it used to annoy me before my dog died as he would want to go outside and kill it. move on a year after the dog died the cat still sits in my yard. I got over it as its not hurting anything my cars are shitheaps covered in mud so it wont sit on them I could ring the council and they will set up cages and trap it and make the owner bail it out .
Why does it bother you so much ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
https://www.hirepool.co.nz/animal-trap

Due to your lock down rules, don't know if you can drive to collect, or if successful, how far you can drive to see if a cat can swim while in a hessian bag.
I've been told by some heartless bastard that they don't swim too well in possum traps either. A slingshot and some walnuts may be more fun and less fatal for the puss though.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
A slingshot and some walnuts may be more fun

Are shanghais legal in NZ ? They are an illegal weapon in NSW. ( a device consisting of an elasticised band secured to the forks of a Y shaped frame other than a home made sling shot for use by a child in the course of play.)
What a waste of walnuts. :(
The only good cat is a flat pack cat.